Author Aftermarket Accessories For F900R in South Africa  (Read 186 times)

• Offline NyX_900R   za

• XR Newbie  ‐    10
    • Topic Author

Offline NyX_900R

• XR Newbie
    • Topic Author
    • F900R Noob
    • Town / City: Stellenbosch
    Aftermarket Accessories For F900R in South Africa
    on: August 03, 2022, 11:36:15 am
    August 03, 2022, 11:36:15 am
    Hi all, I don't know if I've been doing my searches thoroughly, but it seems that South Africa has very little aftermarket accessories for F900R
    :084:

If you manage to find a local agent for a part, then the lead time is a minimum of 3 months!!!
    :087:

Does anyone have suppliers contact details with shorter lead times please?

:763: in advance 

• Offline rcb78   us

• XR Master  ‐    924

Offline rcb78

• XR Master
    Re: Aftermarket Accessories For F900R in South Africa
    Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 04:24:55 pm
    August 03, 2022, 04:24:55 pm
    Part of the issue is that there just isn't much aftermarket for the F900 platform yet.  It's new and came out right at the start of the Covid shut downs.  This like a double whammy for getting things developed.  Depending on what you're looking for, your best chance is look internationally for places that will ship to your country and then order online.  I've had to buy plenty of stuff this way to get around availability issues in the US.  Other times I do it because the US distributor is marking up the part for the local economy and it's cheaper to order direct, pay the exchange rate and then overseas shipping.  If my local shop can get the parts, I'll give them the order even if it's marked up as a way of supporting them.  But if it's from an online dealer that I have no relationship with, then I have no issue going around them to the source.

• Online Ansau   es

• XR Newbie  ‐    7

Online Ansau

• XR Newbie
    Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 08:33:46 am
    August 04, 2022, 08:33:46 am
    *Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
    Part of the issue is that there just isn't much aftermarket for the F900 platform yet.  It's new and came out right at the start of the Covid shut downs.  This like a double whammy for getting things developed.  Depending on what you're looking for, your best chance is look internationally for places that will ship to your country and then order online.  I've had to buy plenty of stuff this way to get around availability issues in the US.  Other times I do it because the US distributor is marking up the part for the local economy and it's cheaper to order direct, pay the exchange rate and then overseas shipping.  If my local shop can get the parts, I'll give them the order even if it's marked up as a way of supporting them.  But if it's from an online dealer that I have no relationship with, then I have no issue going around them to the source.

Have to disagree with this: "Part of the issue is that there just isn't much aftermarket for the F900 platform yet."

F900 platform has plenty of aftermarket solutions: At least 8 exhaust brands having several homologated exhausts, 4-5 brands doing windscreens of different sizes, 3-4 brands doing custom seats, plenty of lugagge/cases options...
    And F900 are still BMW bikes, so they benefit from the very long list of compatible generic BMW accessories like mirrors, protectors or levers.

• Offline rcb78   us

• XR Master  ‐    924

Offline rcb78

• XR Master
    Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 01:51:25 pm
    August 04, 2022, 01:51:25 pm
    I stand by what I say, compare to another longer lived models like an MT07/09, SV650, CBR, Multi, Duke, etc.  There is an aftermarket, but it's not anywhere near as well developed or wide spread as those models.

strongminded