Author SC Project SC1-R exhaust  (Read 298 times)

• Offline Piks   ch

• XR Member  ‐    33
    • Topic Author

Offline Piks

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    SC Project SC1-R exhaust
    on: July 05, 2022, 08:37:12 pm
    July 05, 2022, 08:37:12 pm
    Anyone has real life experience with SC Project SC1-R to share? At least in YT videos sound seems to be better than Akrapovic, looks also pretty good... The only problem that it costs almost the same as Akrapovic (at least here). Thanks in advance!!!

• Offline JonLBaxter   au

• XR Member  ‐    27

Offline JonLBaxter

• XR Member
    Re: SC Project SC1-R exhaust
    Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 09:21:21 am
    July 08, 2022, 09:21:21 am
    I'm not sure what real life experience you need.  I have their conical exhaust, not the SCI-R.  There is a picture if it in the Chain Life thread in the Maintenance board.

You already know they are expensive, but they are well made.  They are as well made as the other good exhausts.  There is a muffler box which lives under the engine, and the visible pipe comes out of the side of that box and immediately does a 90Degree turn to the rear.  The visible muffler is held on with 2 bolts at the rear and just a spring at the front.

I'm sure the box part is the same for all their F900XR optional pipes, but I can't tell you what the SCI-R outlet sounds like.  Mine has a funny little rattle in the sound when cold which disappears after a few seconds of running.  It is louder than the standard pipe but not very loud.  On mine you can't remove the baffle without doing significant surgery to the carbon fibre cone at the outlet end.  I am happy with the volume as it is so I'm OK with that.

One thing I did not expect was that when I put a black exhaust on the bike I was suddenly noticed the shiny heat shield over the catalytic converter.  Akrapovic have a carbon fibre heat shield which you can buy separately.

The centerstand and the standard panniers work fine with the system.