Author Wunderlich Seat Fitment?  (Read 421 times)

• Offline omasou   us

• XR Pro  ‐    61
    • Topic Author

Offline omasou

• XR Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Town / City: PA
    Wunderlich Seat Fitment?
    on: June 19, 2022, 05:58:31 pm
    June 19, 2022, 05:58:31 pm
    I had purchased a Wunderlich low seat; unfortunately, I returned it b/c it had a manufacturing defect--tear--plus the fit was horrible.

While I'm waiting to hear if they can send a proper seat, I wanted to ask current owners if they noticed any of the following or consider this "normal"? Really hoping this was a one off issue.

I donít understand why it did not fit well, b/c compared to the factory seat it appears to use the same or very similar seat pan. Only difference was Wunderlich molded into the seat pan.

When the seat is pushed all the way forward the locking pin doesnít line up w/the hole.

When  the seat is moved back so it locks into place there is a large gap in the front.

and the seat sides appear to be too short b/c you can see gaps that the factory seat covers.

Stitching is not centered

Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 06:03:20 pm by omasou

• Offline motoinmoab   us

• XR Member  ‐    24

Offline motoinmoab

• XR Member
    • Town / City: Prescott
    Re: Wunderlich Seat Fitment?
    Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 01:09:19 am
    June 20, 2022, 01:09:19 am
    I have a Wunderlich low seat on my XR and it fits like your pictures show.  I don't care because the stock low seat was very uncomfortable and this seat is so nice.  I've never had a problem with Wunderlich quality on anything else I've bought.  Maybe it's a seat thing, because I bought the BMW Custom Riders Seat for my R nineT Scrambler and it fits just as sloppy.  BMW must be awfully proud of that seat because they charge $500 for it, and the fit at the tank is even worse than your pic of the F900.             
    '21 F900XR and '17 R9T Scrambler
    Old age has stolen my strength and skill.  I may have gained a little wisdom but it's not a fair trade.

• Offline MotoJoro   bg

• XR Pro  ‐    129

Offline MotoJoro

• XR Pro
    • Town / City: Sofia
    Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 11:28:11 am
    June 21, 2022, 11:28:11 am
    Yep. Just checked. Mine is the same. But is worlds better than the stock and untill now I haven't noticed the things you pointed out.
    Hope they fix your man. defect.

• Offline cw000de   de

• XR Pro  ‐    52

Offline cw000de

• XR Pro
    • Town / City: Nuremberg
    Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 08:40:00 am
    June 22, 2022, 08:40:00 am
    I saw the same flaw on my standard low seat already: the fit definitely isn't perfect and the bolt does not fit exactly, too.

When I changed to the Wunderlich low seat, it was pretty much the same fit, with all the stuff under my seat it usually takes several trys to close it. But same fit as the original seat, definitely not worse. So no complaints about Wunderlich from my side.

• Offline omasou   us

• XR Pro  ‐    61
    • Topic Author

Offline omasou

• XR Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 06:26:11 pm
    June 22, 2022, 06:26:11 pm
    *Originally Posted by cw000de [+]
    I saw the same flaw on my standard low seat already: the fit definitely isn't perfect and the bolt does not fit exactly, too.

When I changed to the Wunderlich low seat, it was pretty much the same fit, with all the stuff under my seat it usually takes several trys to close it. But same fit as the original seat, definitely not worse. So no complaints about Wunderlich from my side.

@cs000de - are you saying the BMW low seat has the same fitment/gaps issues shown? Do you prefer the Wunderlich low seat over the BMW low seat?

• Offline omasou   us

• XR Pro  ‐    61
    • Topic Author

Offline omasou

• XR Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 06:27:45 pm
    June 22, 2022, 06:27:45 pm
    Anyone w/a standard Wunderlich seat have the same gaps or is this a low seat only issue?

• Offline cw000de   de

• XR Pro  ‐    52

Offline cw000de

• XR Pro
    • Town / City: Nuremberg
    Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 06:36:43 pm
    June 22, 2022, 06:36:43 pm
    I only can compare the low seats.

And both with the original and the Wunderlich the bolt does not fit exactly into the hole.

There is also a small gap with both on the tank side of course, since you need to pull back the shell while closing the lid, but does not really disturb me.

*Originally Posted by omasou [+]
    @cs000de - are you saying the BMW low seat has the same fitment/gaps issues shown? Do you prefer the Wunderlich low seat over the BMW low seat?

Yes the Wunderlich is way better, more comfortable and the interlink to the bike feels better, too.

• Offline TigerFeet   gb

• XR Member  ‐    31

Offline TigerFeet

• XR Member
    Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 09:04:52 pm
    June 22, 2022, 09:04:52 pm
    Iíve just had to return my Wunderlich seat to the supplier as it stood outside overnight in heavy rain and the next day I had a very wet posterior!! The water seems to have penetrated the seat and then is oozing out the foam on the side of the seat when sat on! They suggested the water was from under the seat so I took the seat off, wet it with a hose pipe, made sure under the seat was bone dry then sat on it again and had the same problem! They are going to replace it so hopefully wonít have the same issue again!