Author Topic: Cruise control  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Ayonbaner

• XR Newbie
Re: Cruise control
Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 06:17:25 PM
I have had my XR Pro for a little over a week and in the 300 odd KMS I have ridden on it, I have tried innumerable times to engage the CC but have not been able to do so even once. No hand on clutch or brakes, no leg on rear brakes, engine over 2000 rpm, speeds in the range of 60-80 kph...nothing seems to work. No sign comes up, just not been able to trouble shoot what I might be doing wrong. Any pointers would be super helpful.

Offline birdrocks

• XR Member
Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 08:59:37 PM
Hey there i do not have a definitive answer for you Iím afraid . Sometimes it works sometimes not .
One thing , Leon who is an owner here in Melbourne advised me about the small steel Spring plate under the rear brake lever . It sits a bit high and can active the rear brake light with the slightest of pressure. Under his direction i gently Pressed it down a tiny bit so the light does not activate so easily. Don't know if this effects cruise control activation or not. I have not been able to get my bike to Melbourne due to lock down to get it looked at , i have some accessories  waiting there too . 

I guess ask your dealer , friend . Umm. Bike dealer that is   :001:
Riding the great ocean road with no tour buses is bliss

Offline f900rider

• XR Member
Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 11:51:04 PM
*Originally Posted by Mayan [+]
I used the cruise control today on teh F900r. It helped on a long journey. The only issue is when you disengage cruise control eg by braking there is quite a jolt in terms of the engine breaking.
To overcome this I have fount lightly tapping the clutch disengages it smoother than hitting the brakes.