Author Dynamic Mode Pro?  (Read 894 times)

• Offline Poolio   gb

• XR Newbie  ‐    5
    • Topic Author

Offline Poolio

• XR Newbie
    • Topic Author
    Dynamic Mode Pro?
    on: May 19, 2022, 03:47:58 pm
    May 19, 2022, 03:47:58 pm
    Hello to you all.
    I have just taken delivery of a 2021 ex demonstrator F900XR from a Motorrad dealer in the south of England. The deal was all done over phone and email so there was no handover or run through of the bike beforehand. The bike was delivered by a national motorcycle courier to my house in Merseyside. (approx 250 miles away)
    The salesman sent me a screenshot of the bike specification as ordered and there are two columns- Subsidiary Specification and AG specification. The AG spec says that the bike has ABS Pro and Riding Mode Pro. What should I see on the TFT screen to confirm these two are present?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dave

• Offline patgm   us

• XR Pro  ‐    143

Offline patgm

• XR Pro
    Re: Dynamic Mode Pro?
    Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 07:08:37 pm
    May 19, 2022, 07:08:37 pm
    Congrats on the new bike! Welcome to the forum.

If you don't have riding Modes Pro, the only ride modes available when you press the "Mode" button on the right handgrip will be "Rain" and Road".  With Riding Modes Pro you will also see "Dynamic", and if the red plug has been installed under the seat, you'll have a 4th mode, "Dynamic Pro".  Dynamic Pro confuses a lot of people who assume it is some kind of high performance mode. It will not make your bike any more powerful than any other mode, and the throttle mapping cannot be set to anything more aggressive than what Dynamic mode offers. The only thing that Dynamic Pro unlocks is the ability to customize the combination of settings for ABS, traction control, ESA, and throttle mapping.  A better name for it would be something like "Custom" or "Personalized", but those don't have the panache of "Dynamic Pro".

As far as I know, you can't get Riding Modes Pro without also getting ABS Pro, so if you see 3 or more ride modes, you're good.
    Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 07:10:46 pm by patgm

• Offline Poolio   gb

• XR Newbie  ‐    5
    • Topic Author

Offline Poolio

• XR Newbie
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 03:47:12 pm
    May 20, 2022, 03:47:12 pm
    That's great, thank you for the information.
    I can toggle between Rain, Road and Dynamic modes and I also have ABS Pro so now all I need to do is ride the bike a bit more to understand the value of each mode.
    Is the red plug in module an additional cost option or should it be included with Dynamic Pro?
    Thanks,

• Offline MotoJoro   bg

• XR Pro  ‐    129

Offline MotoJoro

• XR Pro
    • Town / City: Sofia
    Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 06:15:56 pm
    May 20, 2022, 06:15:56 pm
    They shouhl have given you a little dongle that gets plugged in under your seat it should have been included in the price.
    Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 06:17:00 pm by MotoJoro

• Online figbat   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    59

Online figbat

• XR Pro
    • Town / City: South Oxfordshire
    Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 01:25:29 pm
    May 23, 2022, 01:25:29 pm
    Speaking to my dealer service guy last week, he said that earlier bikes needed the dongle to enable Dynamic Mode Pro but later ones did it only through software.  Mine came brand new with the ability for me to select Pro modes (built March '21).

• Offline cw000de   de

• XR Pro  ‐    52

Offline cw000de

• XR Pro
    • Town / City: Nuremberg
    Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 03:34:26 pm
    May 23, 2022, 03:34:26 pm
    You need to enable in the TFT settings which modes are available.

If there is Dynamic mode already present, Riding Modes Pro are installed on your bike, and you would just have to enable Dynamic Pro in the menu.

A dongle is not needed any more for the 2021 models.

• Offline patgm   us

• XR Pro  ‐    143

Offline patgm

• XR Pro
    Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 03:48:30 pm
    May 23, 2022, 03:48:30 pm
    *Originally Posted by cw000de [+]
    A dongle is not needed any more for the 2021 models.
    My 2021 still uses the red plug under the seat to enable Dynamic Pro, unless one of the software updates rendered it obsolete. Since the OP's 2021 was a demonstrator, it was probably one of the earlier 2021's like mine. Either way, it should be pretty easy to figure out.

• Offline cw000de   de

• XR Pro  ‐    52

Offline cw000de

• XR Pro
    Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 04:45:24 pm
    May 23, 2022, 04:45:24 pm
    Poolio mentioned that he can select DYNAMIC mode already with the mode switch.

So, regardless of software or dongle, Riding Modes pro are installed definitely. (btw, mine is built September 2020 so early 2021 too, and uses SW only)

The only reason why he cannot switch it on might be that in the preselection of the bike configuration it has not been enabled yet. Not sure what the exact menu structure is (I only have a German documentation available).

It should probably be down the tree Settings --> Vehicle settings --> riding modes preselection --> configuration  where there are separate check boxes for each mode where DYNAMIC PRO is usually not enabled by default.

• Offline Poolio   gb

• XR Newbie  ‐    5
    • Topic Author

Offline Poolio

• XR Newbie
    • Topic Author
    Reply #8 on: May 23, 2022, 08:17:56 pm
    May 23, 2022, 08:17:56 pm
    This is a great forum, thank you all for responding to my query.
    After taking the seat off, under the toolkit is the connection for the dongle but there is no dongle present nor was there one in the pack that came with the bike. I have contacted the dealer who sold me the bike and asked for it to be sent to me.
    I realise that I may never even use the functions that Dynamic Pro offers, I just want all the stuff I paid for to be included!

• Offline cw000de   de

• XR Pro  ‐    52

Offline cw000de

• XR Pro
    Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 08:34:31 pm
    May 23, 2022, 08:34:31 pm
    In my eyes, very unlikely that you really need the plug.

Did you check the menu to make sure its not just deactivated per default?

strongminded