Author Topic: Brake calipers  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Ch

• XR Member
Brake calipers
on: May 18, 2020, 08:46:42 PM
Does anyone knows what is the size of the front brake pistons? (F900XR, F900R)
How i can find which exactly brembo calipers has the motor?

Thank you in advance!!

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Re: Brake calipers
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 05:20:30 AM
The calipers are Brembo Sylema.  I have no idea what the piston sizes are, but it shouldn't be to hard to find out now that you know what model caliper is being used.

Offline Dresdner

• XR Pro
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 11:16:29 AM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
The calipers are Brembo Sylema.  I have no idea what the piston sizes are, but it shouldn't be to hard to find out now that you know what model caliper is being used.

Its not the Stylema, even the XR1000 dont have them.
But it sure is intreasting what brembo model we have since it is not mention in any road test i saw.

Offline Ch

• XR Member
Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 12:06:47 PM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]

Where did you get the information about the calipers!?

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 05:22:35 PM
OK, that's weird.  I don't know where I saw it but I didn't even know the name Stylema until I'd read some of the first reviews for the 900 series and that it had the same brakes as the new competing Tiger 900s.  I wonder if they backpedaled the spec when the supply chain got messed up from all the shutdowns.  Can't find any mention of it now though.

Offline Ch

• XR Member
Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 07:13:22 PM
no problem thanks for your answer!

Offline Billy.ana

• XR Newbie
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 08:48:40 AM
Has anyone change the brake fluid? I have 7.200 km and I noticed that the brake fluid is dark.... I am thinking that is the bmw's brake fluid and not the brembo.....

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 04:08:17 PM
I did mine recently.  I used to have an F800GS and the rear would go dark (really dark) every year and from what I've read online it was pretty normal.  The front would get darker, but not like the rear.   So I did a complete flush when I did my 6k mile service with a regular off the shelf DOT 4 fluid.  It took about 30 mins and I put the whole qt of fluid through the system.  Time will tell if it's going to be like my GS or if they've improved the reservoir seals finally, def a Brembo thing because it didn't matter what brand fluid I used.

Offline Astro

• XR Pro
Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 07:03:30 AM
Brembo M 4, 3.2's. 👍

Offline Billy.ana

• XR Newbie
Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 08:51:25 AM
I'm about to change them too.
I have already bought new brake fluid (the Brembo DOT4 https://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/premium-brake-fluid), because i read on gs forum that bmw brake fluid is no good!
I will keep you informed after i will change it.

After a small research i found that our bikes come with the https://moto.brembo.com/en/detail/07BB02/bmw/f-900-xr/900/2020/pads/rear/genuine/30, and when the time come i will try the new one https://moto.brembo.com/en/detail/07BB02/bmw/f-900-xr/900/2020/pads/rear/SP/0.