Author Topic: Led turn signals as DRL  (Read 425 times)

Offline Gery

• XR Member
Led turn signals as DRL
on: October 04, 2021, 04:11:25 PM
I am from EU so I have all LED everywhere and wondering if/how can this be set up in a way they will function as DRLs as well as turn signals.
Has anyone thought of this or even figured it out? I guess I would have to start with an ezCan of some sort.

Thanks for any input

Online TheUDM

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Toronto
Re: Led turn signals as DRL
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 05:28:33 PM
It might be possible using eSys.

Offline Mikey1

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Preston
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 12:44:04 PM
interested in this as i searched when i saw the new S1000RR used the rear ones as lights, but couldn't find any way of doing it in simple searches. when i looked at the ezCan i just assumed it was an accessory manager and couldn't alter how the installed system works but could be wrong on that

Online motoinmoab

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Prescott
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 02:16:28 AM
https://www.weisertechnik.com/ 
I bought LED turn signals / running lights for the front, and turn signals / brake lights for the rear on my BMW R9T.  Look around their website and see if they offer what you want.
'21 F900XR and '17 R9T Scrambler
Old age has stolen my strength and skill.  I may have gained a little wisdom but it's not a fair trade.

Online rcb78

• XR Master
Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 03:39:44 AM
Weiser won't work, it's not designed to fit LED housings only the larger incandescent version.  ezCAN could be made to work if you used it to drive the indicators, but that would require disconnecting them from the bike and that would likely throw error codes.

Online WestonBend

• XR Newbie
Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 03:56:42 AM
I installed Skene LED lights on the rear tail as run, brake, turn signals. I purchased the decelerometer  upgrade so that engine braking triggers the brake light strobe. Very pleased with quality.

strongminded