Author Topic: Tail tidy  (Read 7932 times)

Offline BazG XR

• XR Newbie
Re: Tail tidy
Reply #20 on: August 18, 2020, 10:34:59 AM
*Originally Posted by Tucsondave [+]
Anyone seen a tailtidy for the xR yet?
Yes R&G UK have them on catalog and Iíve ordered one plus radiator guard.
Also have fitted the rear rack genuine accessory. A necessary improvement to the stock handles and as expected a very precise fit with all the required hardware in the box. 30 minutes. My tail bag fits on perfectly. Enjoy.

Offline Dave

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Brisbane
Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 02:38:46 AM
I emailed R&G for a pic side on to see how much it will tidy it up. Not as much as I would have liked but still a great improvement.

Offline WildFrogs

• XR Newbie
Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 06:30:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Dresdner [+]
This is the holes for the fastener

New to riding and to the forum.  Excited about my f900xr! what does the other side of the support connect to on the rack or bike?  I have the main rack installed, but I can't figure out the support bracket for the life of me.

Offline F9XRay

• XR Member
Reply #23 on: March 05, 2021, 06:47:42 PM
After looking for any solution for the "outstanding" tail tidy, I decided to buy the version from Evo-Tech. I wasn't disappointed.
Very easy to install and you dont even have to cut or solder wires.

But would never buy it again from Germany, after it is delivered from England. To many costs. #Brexit

~Don't surprise the front brake~

Offline Mikey_Boy

• XR Newbie
Reply #24 on: March 08, 2021, 04:23:47 PM
*Originally Posted by F9XRay [+]
After looking for any solution for the "outstanding" tail tidy, I decided to buy the version from Evo-Tech. I wasn't disappointed.
Very easy to install and you dont even have to cut or solder wires.

But would never buy it again from Germany, after it is delivered from England. To many costs. #Brexit

I got the same kit for mine, but here in the U.S. (I've learned since receiving), the tail lamp is a different size!  I've now ordered a Euro tail lamp and awaiting delivery from Germany.  Also going to need shorter rear turn signals.  This is turning into a very expensive solution  :021:

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #25 on: March 08, 2021, 04:46:47 PM
There's a FB thread about this and apparently EvoTech only just recently figured out that the US has a different tail light and is now offering a complete kit for the US.  My solution to the a tail tidy was to run a top box, can't even tell the tail is there anymore  :008:

Offline Mikey_Boy

• XR Newbie
Reply #26 on: March 08, 2021, 04:53:45 PM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
There's a FB thread about this and apparently EvoTech only just recently figured out that the US has a different tail light and is now offering a complete kit for the US.  My solution to the a tail tidy was to run a top box, can't even tell the tail is there anymore  :008:

Yeah, I see that on the site now.  Shipping costs are going to be way too much to return and I have the Euro light on order already. The pictures still show the Euro version so no clue what it actually looks like on the bike.  Honestly though when I put the US light to the back of the bike, it looks....off.  So I'm happy to get the Euro tail.  Plus now I'll have the complete rear kit (rear fender, light, signals) that I could sell.

And that works with the top case!  I think I'm going for more of a sport feel here and will get the side bags for some light touring.

Offline F9XRay

• XR Member
Reply #27 on: March 08, 2021, 08:50:40 PM
EURO Light look better. Dont understand why they use those bulky ones in the US. Same as for not having ABS mandatory for new bikes.
~Don't surprise the front brake~

Offline Halla#900

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #28 on: March 09, 2021, 03:07:34 AM
Thanks for the photos and comments on the top case assembly - they are very helpful.  I am planning to buy the top case for my F900 XR but my dealer in Ottawa wasn't sure if the Support Strut p/n 77449443938 was required or not.  Is it needed to add strength and carrying capacity?  How difficult is the installation process?  BMW doesn't seem to provide install instructions with their add-ons.

Offline Toca Codo

• XR Member
Reply #29 on: March 09, 2021, 07:02:42 PM
I got the tail tidy from powerbronze it was easy to install and looks great.