Author Topic: Multistrada V2  (Read 300 times)

Offline Grizzlystr

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Sheffield
Multistrada V2
on: October 04, 2021, 01:30:10 PM
Hi all,

Just wondered everyone’s thoughts on revised Ducati Multistrada V2 ?

I have ordered a 2022 Triple Black XR (but without commitment to buy) and am loitering until it’s arrival.

I originally test rode the Tiger 900, didn’t like dashboard, Tracer 9gt, too much wind blast and had discounted the Ducati as it was just  too tall for me.

Test rode an XR and really liked it, but the new V2 is lower, lighter and has a reshaped seat and has peaked my interest again……?

Andy
Smoke me a kipper I’ll be back for breakfast

Offline MotoJoro

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Sofia
Re: Multistrada V2
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 01:57:38 PM
Lighter - we can debate - it is stated it is 202kg DRY for the S version , put all the fluids in and you get around 220kg - the same as XR.
At least here in Bulgaria the Multistrada is more than 6000bgn (3000 euro) more expensive than the BMW. This is a no brainer.
The TFT of the BMW is BY FAR the best  -6.5 inches. Multistrada is 5. And don't get me started on Yamaha feeble try.
Each bike has it's own feeling - no one can tell you if that's your bike unless it is you.

Offline Mikey1

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Preston
Re: Multistrada V2
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 12:39:01 PM
Only you can decide if its right for you or not, Ducati ownership is good and as garage art not much can beat them, but be prepared to pay a lot for the privilege, accessories are sometimes eye watering cost as can be some of the services. Not sure if they've sorted the major service out on the new V2, but i had a desert sled before the XR and the full all singing all dancing 7.500 mile service was just shy of £1000. something to consider or review if you do a lot of mileage.

also a big one is the dealer network, check if your local dealer is a good one as that can make or break an ownership experience.