Author Topic: BMW Comfort seat  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Snatchy

• XR Pro
BMW Comfort seat
on: June 09, 2021, 03:28:32 PM
Hi 900 gang,

Seen a few post on here about the Wunderlich seats, and they do look really good. But has anyone used the BMW comfort seat yet, and any feed back on this?

Online rcb78

• XR Master
Re: BMW Comfort seat
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 03:37:45 PM
I had one for a bit, it was much better than the original but still not quite right for me, but some people love it.  It's just like a windscreen, it'll work for some and not for others.

Offline Mikey1

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Preston
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 03:56:28 PM
I was going to order one but my dealer kindly pointed out its 25mm higher than stock.. think he was politely calling me a short arse 😅

I've ordered the wunderlich low which I'm looking forward to testing

Offline Snatchy

• XR Pro
Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:53:17 AM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
I had one for a bit, it was much better than the original but still not quite right for me, but some people love it.  It's just like a windscreen, it'll work for some and not for others.

In what way wasn't it quite right? I'm trying to decide which line to go down first, BMW or Wunderlich.

Offline Snatchy

• XR Pro
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 08:55:35 AM
*Originally Posted by Mikey1 [+]
I was going to order one but my dealer kindly pointed out its 25mm higher than stock.. think he was politely calling me a short arse 😅

I've ordered the wunderlich low which I'm looking forward to testing

:008: Rude. I would have complained to Manager. Mind you I'm 6'1 and find I'm sometimes on balls of my feet at lights with standard seat.

Offline TigerFeet

• XR Member
Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 07:33:21 AM
*Originally Posted by Snatchy [+]
Hi 900 gang,

Seen a few post on here about the Wunderlich seats, and they do look really good. But has anyone used the BMW comfort seat yet, and any feed back on this?

My dealership had a f900R in the showroom with a comfort seat on it so I tried it out. It didnít feel any different to the stock seat imho, was expecting it to be a bit softer as with previous comfort seats Iíve had but it felt just as hard!

Offline LEEGS

• XR Newbie
Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 05:04:21 PM
Hi,

I brought an f900xr back in October and did a weekend trip of about 500 miles, and yes you definitely notice how uncomfortable the standard seat is after an hour or so. Therefore I decided to get the comfort seat which in my opinion was a lot more comfier than the original, initially I didnít like the gain in height especially when switching to the comfort seat straight from the standard, I actually preferred sitting slightly more in the bike than on it, however, like most things I just got used to it and donít notice the gain in height now, but defiantly notice the better comfort.

Offline Snatchy

• XR Pro
Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 02:56:25 PM
So over in our Motorrad department they had a brand new comfort seat for a 900R. I grabbed it at lunch time and stuck it on my XR.

Now i don't mind the standard seat, but then i don't go very far on mine. But i was interested to see what the difference was, and if it would be worth the extra dosh.

It certainly is a massive improvement, comfort wise, and i think you would definitely notice the difference on a long journey.

You do sit ever so slightly higher on the bike. But is it worth the £350 price tag?

Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 02:58:49 PM by Snatchy

Offline Ethel Vanman

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Cambridge
Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 03:15:32 PM
 :012: it ain't pretty :001:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Offline Snatchy

• XR Pro
Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 04:08:12 PM
No idea why they pillion seat has extra padding.

Their normally clinging on for dear life, so bottom comfort is the last thing on their minds!!  :005: :008: