Author Topic: Top Engine Mount Torque?  (Read 201 times)

Offline Fitz

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Eugene
Top Engine Mount Torque?
on: May 02, 2021, 06:43:52 PM
 I've searched and gotten multiple values. I'm about to install frame sliders and want to get it right first time. I've searched and gotten multiple values, but none are from the BMW service manual. Does anyone have the torque spec for the top engine mount bolts.
Thanks in advance for your reply,
Fitz

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Re: Top Engine Mount Torque?
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 07:05:12 PM
Found some pics from the service dvd for the 850gs and it says 100nm.  The bikes are on the same platform with virtually the same engine so I'd use that.

Offline Ethel Vanman

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Cambridge
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 10:43:12 PM
*Originally Posted by Fitz [+]
I've searched and gotten multiple values. I'm about to install frame sliders and want to get it right first time. I've searched and gotten multiple values, but none are from the BMW service manual. Does anyone have the torque spec for the top engine mount bolts.
Thanks in advance for your reply,
Fitz
100Nm is what I was quoted by EvoTech when I fitted their sliders. I emailed them and they contacted BMW for confirmation.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Online cw000de

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Nuremberg
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 03:22:00 PM
I have a original table of all relevant torques from my dealer, and it confirms the 100 Nm.

Since it is a steel screw in aluminium, bolt adhesive applied over the complete thread might help to prevent or reduce corrosion here. Ceramic paste might even be better for that purpose, but bolts should be secured here.

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 03:28:02 PM
*Originally Posted by cw000de [+]
I have a original table of all relevant torques from my dealer, and it confirms the 100 Nm.

Since it is a steel screw in aluminium, bolt adhesive applied over the complete thread might help to prevent or reduce corrosion here. Ceramic paste might even be better for that purpose, but bolts should be secured here.

Is that something you could possibly post as a reference tool for us?

Online cw000de

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Nuremberg
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 03:44:08 PM
I just noted that all part identification is in German. So most of us will not profit from that :(

But if anyone is interested in some of the values, please PM me, I will try to help.

strongminded