Author Topic: Helmet Security Hooks for D-Ring Helmets $20 for a pair  (Read 176 times)

Offline Mikey_Boy

• XR Newbie
Hey all! 

I was bummed there was no easy way to leave my helmet with my bike when out on a ride and I wanted to go to a restaurant or something, so I started thinking on how to solve the issue.  I've looked around and found a couple solutions out there, one of which is over $100 USD!  This also was a separate lock and a cable that I had to lug around.

So I started tinkering, and came up with a solution.  These hooks mount to an existing bolt under the seat and the D-ring simply slides over the hook and with the seat back on and locked, the helmet is secure!  This took me quite a bit of time getting all the measurements just right and I am very happy with the result.

Here are some pics of the hooks and how they mount and work.

I'm asking $20 USD per pair shipped in US and international will just have to pay actual shipping.

Offline RedHedRacer

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Vancouver, BC
Re: Helmet Security Hooks for D-Ring Helmets $20 for a pair
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 05:43:29 AM
What a great solution, simple and easy. Beats bringing a top box or other cable type systems. I知 using a $1,100 CDN Carbon System 7 helmet by Schubert, and like you, want a simple system. My old Honda VFR had a simple d-ring shaped lock under seat for same. Good old BMW, missing a simple item from an otherwise great bike!
Where you located in US? I may opt to buy from you, I知 on west coast, in Vancouver, BC Canada. :047:

Offline Mikey_Boy

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 05:52:29 AM
Thanks for kind words!  I知 located near Sacramento, CA, so not too far.  Let me know and I値l get a shipping quote.  These are very light weight and shouldn稚 cost much.

Offline RedHedRacer

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Vancouver, BC
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 02:37:44 PM
Great, I値l DM you with address and details. What material is made from? Is it 3-D 叢rinted or fabricated from metal?

Offline Mikey_Boy

• XR Newbie
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 03:21:07 PM
*Originally Posted by RedHedRacer [+]
Great, I値l DM you with address and details. What material is made from? Is it 3-D 叢rinted or fabricated from metal?

It痴 3D printed with ABS and is solid.  These things are strong.

strongminded