Author Topic: Wunderlich Marathon Screen for BMW F900 XR  (Read 305 times)

Offline 55Silverfox

• XR Newbie
Wunderlich Marathon Screen for BMW F900 XR
on: April 03, 2021, 07:46:49 PM
Hello All,
Thought I would post my findings with the NEW Wunderlich Marathon screen, fitted it today and as weather not great only managed around 28 miles.

It fits fine and looks good on the bike, The wind on shoulders etc have definately minimised, however, I am still getting air and wind noise at head of helmet even in the high position, the Marathon Screen on the GSA was superb, it pushed air over helmet, no noise ?  I know its a different bike and smaller screen, but I did expect it to be better than it is.
Will try again on longer ride, but a little dissapointed !! especially for the cost around 160.

May try a Givi screen, at half the cost ?

Anyone use a Givi screen ? any good ?

Regards

Offline Bravo19

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: New Smyrna Beach
Re: Wunderlich Marathon Screen for BMW F900 XR
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 02:35:15 PM
Hello SilverFox, I just picked up my new XR a week and a half ago and can say the factory screen is a disappointment, won't even use it in the upper position (I'm 5'11") I'm thinking about a screen change myself and have heard good things about Puig's touring screen. I think for now, I'm going to keep an eye out for your posts; once you've tried all of the screens on the market, I'll know where i can find a good break down for the best of the best, haha.
1975 CB550 Project Bike, 2006 F650GS Dakar, 2021 f900XR

Offline 55Silverfox

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 03:31:52 PM
Hello Bravo19,

Congratulations on your XR, i have had mine since 28th March and like it a lot, just need to sort out a few little things to make near perfect.

I am awaiting delivery of the Powerbronze Powerblade Screen for the XR, its not the prettiest looking screen as it has quite a bit of structure, however if it actually works, then I will be a happy Man.

Will post my findings once fitted and tested.

If this does not work, then we may need to join a club of XR riders and purchase 1 x screen each to test ( it's getting rather expensive for me Origional screen plus 2 x alternatives )

Offline Bravo19

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: New Smyrna Beach
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 03:05:03 PM
Looking forward to your review on the Powerbronze, I've been on their site and like a lot of what i see.

1975 CB550 Project Bike, 2006 F650GS Dakar, 2021 f900XR

strongminded