Author Topic: Wunderlich Komfort Seat  (Read 721 times)

Offline F9XRay

• XR Member
Wunderlich Komfort Seat
on: March 26, 2021, 10:20:36 AM
Finally back from my first tour this seat. I was on the road for a full 4 hours and compared to the OEM seat I noticed the following:
In addition to the very good workmanship of the materials, the geometry of the seat is well done. You can simply reposition your bottom to avoid punctual pain. The surface is a little more slippery, but not too slippery. The upholstery is harder than I initially hoped, but not as hard as the original one. After a while I realized that a certain hardness is beneficial. I imagine that the middle bulge also relieves the tailbone a little. Back to geometry. The seat tilts slightly forward. The sides are narrower at the front, which makes it easier to hold on with the legs, but slightly wider at the back than the original.
I am very pleased.

(With the original seat I was able to drive for a maximum of 1 hour before I had to take a break. With the Wunderlich seat it takes about twice as long. I'm 1.78m tall and weigh 76kg. The butt is quite narrow and spoiled.)

~Don't surprise the front brake~

Offline Golden1

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Raleigh
Re: Wunderlich Komfort Seat
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 02:38:13 PM
I just switched to this seat as well and concur with previous post.

Offline geoffb

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Portsmouth
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 07:04:04 PM
Did you guys get the standard, low or high version of the Wunderlich seat?

I was waiting for Sargent to pull their fingers out but have been waiting a year now!  :015:

Offline Golden1

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Raleigh
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 07:16:55 PM
I got the standard which if different from stock height wise I can’t tell the difference. I emailed Sargent and was told they wouldn’t have a seat for the XR until August at the earliest. They did say they could custom rework to your stock seat.

Offline geoffb

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Portsmouth
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 07:21:51 PM
*Originally Posted by Golden1 [+]
I got the standard which if different from stock height wise I can’t tell the difference. I emailed Sargent and was told they wouldn’t have a seat for the XR until August at the earliest. They did say they could custom rework to your stock seat.

Thanks mate, I will seriously consider the Wunderlich for my next tour.

:062:

strongminded