Author Topic: BMW MOA, Should I?  (Read 414 times)

Offline Bravo19

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: New Smyrna Beach
BMW MOA, Should I?
on: March 24, 2021, 03:01:06 PM
So, I'll be picking up my new XR this weekend. I'm not new to the brand, I've owned a 650GS Dakar for years now. The Dakar did a good job of cementing my loyalty to the brand so I believe I'll be happy with XR. Something I haven't done however, is join the BMW MOA. I'm not really a club kinda guy, not very likely to post much on this forum either, but I got the XR to fulfill some aspirations of some long distance touring and thought having a membership and the possible benefits that come with it might be a smart move. Just curious of those here who are members have found it enjoyable/helpful and also from those that haven't been overly impressed.
1975 CB550 Project Bike, 2006 F650GS Dakar, 2021 f900XR

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Re: BMW MOA, Should I?
Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 05:20:48 PM
There is/was a $500 discount applied for having been a member for the 1yr period prior to buying your bike... some dealerships will give this discount for signing up when buying the bike.  It never hurts to ask.  Aside from that, I've not used any of member benefits since signing up last year and I will likely allow it to expire when the year is up.

Offline GiroRider

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 09:30:25 PM
BMWMOA is good if you like to go to big national rallies or if you want to use the Anonymous book or app to find other members for help when you tour. I havenít availed myself of any of those benefits.

Online Rinkydink

• XR Pro
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 01:44:07 AM
The anonymous book (app) is a wonderful thing if you really tour. I also have the Platinum roadside assistance package. It will save your bacon if you are in the boonies with no help around. I donít go to rallies either. YMMV
Watch out for blue haired women in big cars.

Offline Bravo19

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: New Smyrna Beach
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 06:22:39 PM
Thank you all. I have a big ride planned for 2022. I might join for the course of that year and see what happens after that.
1975 CB550 Project Bike, 2006 F650GS Dakar, 2021 f900XR

strongminded