Author Topic: GPS relocation bracket  (Read 1303 times)

Offline CWMC29

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Windsor, ON, CND
Re: GPS relocation bracket
Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 08:36:34 AM
*Originally Posted by Piks [+]
Thanks a lot for confirmation!! Did you have to do any adjustments or modifications, since instructions clearly shows only Garmin Zumo type of GPS? Or is the same mount? By the way, how do you find vibration - is it noticeable, better or worse compare to original mount on handlebar? Thanks!

Thank you! Please share with us what you hear from Evotech - would be interesting to know the "official" version. Thanks in advance!

I have used the original GPS mount from BMW on the Evotech Garmin relocator.  What I found was I needed longer screws to secure the bracket, so that I could use the locking unit from the GPS cradle from BMW.  This allowed me to lock my GPS into the holder so that it wont be stolen.  As for vibration, The evotech relocator is solid and I can easily read my GPS unit without distortion. 

Offline RedHedRacer

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Vancouver, BC
Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 02:53:04 PM
And reply from Evotech regarding proper mount:

This item will be 100% fine.

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/bmw-f-900-xr-2020/products/ep-garmin-compatible-sat-nav-upper-mount-bmw-f-900-xr-2020

Regards Garry

Sent: 23 March 2021 03:29
To: evotech-sales <sales@evotech-performance.com>
Subject: New customer message on March 23, 2021 at 3:29 am.

Offline RedHedRacer

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Vancouver, BC
Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 02:57:21 PM
Thanks for tip on longer screws...I may need extra long screws, since my Cymarc TFT brace is installed on same mounting points under windshield  :028:

*Originally Posted by CWMC29 [+]
I have used the original GPS mount from BMW on the Evotech Garmin relocator.  What I found was I needed longer screws to secure the bracket, so that I could use the locking unit from the GPS cradle from BMW.  This allowed me to lock my GPS into the holder so that it wont be stolen.  As for vibration, The evotech relocator is solid and I can easily read my GPS unit without distortion.

Offline Piks

• XR Member
Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 07:05:56 PM
Thank you very much for responses! Now there is a difficult choice - Hornig or Evotech...

Offline Golden1

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Raleigh
Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 04:10:21 PM
I went with the EVOTECH mount.  Moving the GPS above the TFT is so much better so you do not have to take your eyes off the road hardly.  There is some vibration but manageable.  As a bonus I get to use the tank bag I had on my RT.
Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 04:12:12 PM by Golden1

Offline tgibers

• XR Newbie
Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 01:18:11 AM
*Originally Posted by Rinkydink [+]
I went with Hornig. Very nice with just a tad of vibration.

I too picked up the Hornig—how did you attach the actual NAV thing to the Hornig unit?

Offline Golden1

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Raleigh
Reply #16 on: April 23, 2021, 03:22:02 PM
I used the cradle that was mounted on the handle bars.  Only thing needed was longer screws.  The cradle a ZUMO unit uses is the same as the BMW NAV units.