Author Topic: GPS relocation bracket  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Piks

• XR Member
GPS relocation bracket
on: March 19, 2021, 08:00:06 PM
I am looking into relocating GPS mount from handlebar to above TFT screen. Are there more choices than Givi and Hornig? And out of those - anyone have tries bth and can recommend either? From the pure visual Givi seems to be "nicer" (black), but can not find in any of the popular European online shops, while Hornig is available from their website.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!!!

Offline Happyman

• XR Pro
Re: GPS relocation bracket
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 08:11:17 PM
*Originally Posted by Piks [+]
I am looking into relocating GPS mount from handlebar to above TFT screen. Are there more choices than Givi and Hornig? And out of those - anyone have tries bth and can recommend either? From the pure visual Givi seems to be "nicer" (black), but can not find in any of the popular European online shops, while Hornig is available from their website.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!!!
I went with the Hornig mount and found it to fit perfectly and have little to no vibration while riding. Highly recommend it  :002:

Offline CWMC29

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Windsor, ON, CND
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 01:29:21 PM
I went with the Evotech GPS relocator mount.  I found it to be very sterdy.

Offline Rinkydink

• XR Pro
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 05:53:26 PM
I went with Hornig. Very nice with just a tad of vibration.
Watch out for blue haired women in big cars.

Offline Piks

• XR Member
Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 06:34:45 PM
*Originally Posted by CWMC29 [+]
I went with the Evotech GPS relocator mount.  I found it to be very sterdy.

Strange, I found only mounts for Garmin/TomTom/SPconnect on their website - do you mind dropping a link? Thanks in advance!

Offline CWMC29

• XR Member
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 02:22:45 AM
The mount that is on the bars is for the BMW Garmin GPS, which my wife purchased for our anniversary.   What type of GPS are you planning on using?  I have the Evotech for the Garmin GPS, which worked perfect for what comes with the bike.

Offline Piks

• XR Member
Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 07:35:29 AM
I would like to relocate the original BMW Navigation cradle, which is currently on handlebars. And that's what I was not able to find on Evotech webpage, unless it is Garmin option to use?

Offline RedHedRacer

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Vancouver, BC
Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 03:37:37 AM
*Originally Posted by Piks [+]
I would like to relocate the original BMW Navigation cradle, which is currently on handlebars. And that's what I was not able to find on Evotech webpage, unless it is Garmin option to use?

Since my fellow Canadian is unable to answer with specifics, I reached out to Evotech, because Iím interested in same thing but the Garmin advertised mount may be for Zumo and other Garmin specific GPS, not for stock BMW cradle mounted to headstock. I have several Evotech products on my bike, great products!

Offline CWMC29

• XR Member
Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 03:51:55 AM
I ordered the Garmin Evotech GPS relocator as that is the mount that is located on the bike when purchased.  I have the link from the exact one I have on my bike.

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/all/products/ep-garmin-compatible-sat-nav-mount-bmw-f-900-xr-2020-onwards-1

I hope this clears things up.

Offline Piks

• XR Member
Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 07:35:06 AM
*Originally Posted by CWMC29 [+]
I ordered the Garmin Evotech GPS relocator as that is the mount that is located on the bike when purchased.  I have the link from the exact one I have on my bike.

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/all/products/ep-garmin-compatible-sat-nav-mount-bmw-f-900-xr-2020-onwards-1

I hope this clears things up.
Thanks a lot for confirmation!! Did you have to do any adjustments or modifications, since instructions clearly shows only Garmin Zumo type of GPS? Or is the same mount? By the way, how do you find vibration - is it noticeable, better or worse compare to original mount on handlebar? Thanks!

*Originally Posted by RedHedRacer [+]
Since my fellow Canadian is unable to answer with specifics, I reached out to Evotech, because Iím interested in same thing but the Garmin advertised mount may be for Zumo and other Garmin specific GPS, not for stock BMW cradle mounted to headstock. I have several Evotech products on my bike, great products!

Thank you! Please share with us what you hear from Evotech - would be interesting to know the "official" version. Thanks in advance!

strongminded