Author Topic: Top 2 choices  (Read 169 times)

Online Matt0001

• XR Newbie
Top 2 choices
on: February 22, 2021, 04:35:42 PM
Past 10 years had a Suzuki DR Z400, and now riding a yamaha FZ-07.  Love the ride, light and nimble.  Donít really need more power. I do need more comfort, wind protection , and full luggage set.  Looking at the F900XR and the triumph tiger GT pro. I will ride 97% of time on good roads. Maintenance on Yamaha is excellent. No issues for 4 years.   Should I be concerned w BMW maintenance cost?   Thought. Thank you from So Cal

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Re: Top 2 choices
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 04:56:55 PM
It really depends on your dealer and what their shop rates are.  Where I live the hourly rate is the same at both dealers so there isn't much difference, just the time the actual service takes.  I plan to do as much of it myself as I can which is always the preferred way to go.
I looked long and hard at the Tracer and chose the BMW because the Tracer was way behind on tech, not having an IMU in particular was a deal breaker for me.  That changed for the new 2021 model that's coming so given that same choice again now, I'm not really sure which I would have chosen.
Having had my 900XR for nearly a year an 7500mi, the bike has had no issues that have made me regret the purchase, I'm happy with my choice.

Online Matt0001

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 06:32:31 PM
Thanks for info.  I also looked at the Tracer GT but donít like the 2 small screens. Being 53 my eyes need as much help as possible so I like 1 large screen.

Offline Astro

• XR Member
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 02:06:55 AM
Same age as me. 👍
Mine has 4500klms on it now. Apart from the odd double or triple stab of the start button early on, it's been okay so far. But don't buy a beemer and expect it to be as reliable and as cheap to run as a japper. Because they're just not. Occasionally someone gets one that doesn't give trouble. But it's not usual despite owners protestations otherwise. I've owned a few, so feel I can say that from experience. But I bought another. So that should also tell you something. I'm not a beemer fanboi either. Truth is my blood runs green and I still have two Kawasaki's in my shed. But after riding the others, I bought another beemer.

If it's for you or not, that's up to you. I know people who have ridden one and bought something else. So they're not for everyone.