Author Topic: F900R(not XR) fuel range?  (Read 617 times)

Offline Bpreynolds

• XR Newbie
F900R(not XR) fuel range?
on: February 14, 2021, 02:42:38 PM
First post.  A good bit of info here and on sites like fuelly for XR info but not a ton as per the R.  Of course, you can certainly make valid deductions from those but Iím just curious given the R is slightly lighter but then maybe the aerodynamics (a big part of mpg) might be better on the XR.  Iíve had about 35 or so bikes in the last 18 years but never a BMW; however, I am very greatly considering the XR or the R for a do it tall, one bike garage bike.  I happily drove a former KTM 950 Supermoto for about 45k or so pleasing miles (whose mpg was nearly the worst of any bike Iíve ever owned), so mpg is not THE defining aspect for ownership; yet, recently more efficient bikes Iíve owned have spoiled me and I really think Iíd like at least 180 mile range on a motorcycle.  I think that might really be draining the R but not totally sure?  Any input appreciated.  I think both the XR and the R are gorgeous bikes and I canít seem to decide which I like more in terms of visual appeal, maybe the R just slightly.  And also the R a great deal cheaper, but that XR range just might get me.

Offline Husky56

• XR Newbie
Re: F900R(not XR) fuel range?
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 05:44:02 PM
I go about 150 miles between fill ups but there is usually still 1/2 a gallon or more in the tank when I fill up.  In all honesty, your backside is going to need a break after 150 miles with that seat so I don't mind the extra fill ups.

Offline Bpreynolds

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 07:37:57 PM
Just checking back in on this thread.  Really?  Only 1 reply???  :003: :001:

Offline Strike_Zero

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Columbia, SC
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 01:10:20 PM
*Originally Posted by Husky56 [+]
I go about 150 miles between fill ups but there is usually still 1/2 a gallon or more in the tank when I fill up.  In all honesty, your backside is going to need a break after 150 miles with that seat so I don't mind the extra fill ups.

This has been my experience as well. The small fuel tank is my biggest complaint. The other is the seat LOL!
-=PJ
=============
Strike Zero Garage

Offline LP17

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 09:08:27 AM
Go to Search. Put in Fuel Range. :152:

strongminded