Author Topic: XR Windscreen Woes  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Piks

• XR Member
Re: XR Windscreen Woes
Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 09:24:07 PM
I know that it slightly probably depends on body shape, but I am looking to replace my "sport" original -  what is the general recommendation for windshield? So far I have found the following options:
MRA Vario Touringwith clip-on
Wunderlicht Marathon
Powerbronze
Puig Touring shield with clip-on visor
Givi
Ermax sport WInshield
V-Stream Windshield medium

I know that Puig generally gets negative feedback on forum, but how about with visor? Givi seems to be wide and Powerbronze options seems to be very complex.  I am sort of leaning towards MRA (seems most "elegant" one of the cheapest), especially after watching review on NothingToProve YouTube channel - any feedback on that?

Many thanks in advance!

Offline Michwep

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Namur
Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 08:20:51 AM
Hello,
I have the MRA Vario Touring with clip and I am very satisfied with it. Now I can do the freeway without a problem.
Cheers

Offline 55Silverfox

• XR Member
Reply #12 on: March 21, 2021, 11:01:45 AM
Hi Guys,

Ive used the Wunderlich Marathon screen on a GSA and it was excellent, my new XR te arrives soon and first thing i need to change is the screen, its good to have feedback on others, there is also a Givi screen available.

Anyone used the Wunderlich on the F900 ?

Offline KL2BE

• XR Newbie
Reply #13 on: March 21, 2021, 07:14:59 PM
I plan to get the National Cycle Z2387 😎
Donít know if you can order from UK , but I have been very happy with price, quality and value from this vendor.  Have N C screens on my vintage Yamaha XV 920HR, my new Bonneville T120 and will get one for the XR. http://www.nationalcycle.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/catalogs/ZTechnik_F-G-Series.pdf
😘

Offline Piks

• XR Member
Reply #14 on: March 21, 2021, 07:20:32 PM
Hornig have them:
https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/BMW-F-900-XR/Windscreens/Windscreen-V-Stream.html

I was considering medium or/and short, but was unable to find any reviews or feedback.

Offline KL2BE

• XR Newbie
Reply #15 on: March 21, 2021, 09:02:49 PM
I will post a review, but it will take awhile.  I will not be getting delivery of my XR until mid April and maybe adding the middle size National Cycle screen after that.
I have used the handlebar mounted National Cycle screen on my Yamaha for 20 years.