Author Topic: XR Windscreen Woes  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Rinkydink

• XR Pro
XR Windscreen Woes
on: February 04, 2021, 05:59:49 PM
I bought the Puig touring screen but the taller setting is louder than the shorter and both settings are unacceptable noise wise to me. It is light smoke and a wonderful screen for shorter than a 6 foot individual. I am looking for a wider taller screen and would prefer one with no added upper spoiler attachment. Is there such an animal? My Puig measures 10 11/16 inches tall from the center of the upper mounting bolts and 13 inches across at the top mounting bolts. Is the MRA Vario taller and wider without the added spoiler? I know itíll never be as quiet as my RT but I need some relief. Has anyone tried the Powerbronze adjustable shield? Any and all suggestions appreciated. I will probably sell the Puig if I can find a worthy replacement.
Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 06:07:11 PM by Rinkydink
Watch out for blue haired women in big cars.

Offline HullXR

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Hull
Re: XR Windscreen Woes
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 07:03:59 PM
I had the same issue with the Puig touring screen and found it really noisy in both positions. I really love the style of the screen. So decided the take the cutter to it. I took about 5 inches off the top which made a big difference for me. Itís not perfect but better than the standard screen.

Offline zsguerreiro

• XR Member
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 11:55:13 PM
I got my MRA Vario (with spoiler)today and its a tiny bit bigger in height and width than the original. I have only tested it briefly because it has been pouring outside but it seems to be a significant improvement over the standard one.
Iíll add more info when I test it longer.

Offline Rinkydink

• XR Pro
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 02:30:29 AM
I just checked the Hornig website. They have three ZTechnik V-Stream shields of varying heights. Anyone tried one of those?
Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 03:10:00 AM by Rinkydink

Offline lvf900

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Las Vegas
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 11:00:03 PM
I'm also in the market for a windscreen. Anyone seen this one? There are multiple height options. https://www.motomachines.com/ermax-hypersport-motorcycle-windshield-bmw-f900r

Offline Rinkydink

• XR Pro
Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 02:00:04 AM
I t/w National Cycle today to get some measurements. The V-Stream, part # Z2388 is
21.75 (55.2cm) inches tall x 15.50 inches (39.3cm) wide. The Puig touring screen is 21.5 inches tall x 13 inches wide. While being almost the same size the big difference is the Puig screen is 10 inches from top mounting bolts to top of screen. The V-Stream is 14 inches same measurement. Iím hoping this fixes my problem. The Z2388 is only available in clear because itís so tall. 

Offline 10tenmen

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Bridlington
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 03:08:55 PM
Iíve got the powerbronze blade adjustable and so far itís excellent Iím using the smaller of the two, less buffeting and smother airflow over my helmet.

Offline Rinkydink

• XR Pro
Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 08:25:51 PM
10tenmen, how tall are you mate?

Offline 10tenmen

• XR Pro
Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 08:27:27 PM
6 foot mate will get some proper pics tomorrow 👍

Offline 10tenmen

• XR Pro
Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 01:06:07 PM
More pictures of the adjustable blade screen from powerbronze, the pictures show it fitted with the smaller of the two outer screens supplied 👍

strongminded