Author Topic: SW Motech Centrestand  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Astro

• XR Pro
SW Motech Centrestand
on: February 03, 2021, 03:17:10 AM
Just fitted the SW Motech Centrestand. Simple enough.  Bolt on the RHS bracket. Whip the left rearset off. Dump one bracket and replace with a bracket and a spacer provided. Refit the left rearset. Bolt on the Centrestand and slip the spring on.
Tucks up nicely. Very light to get on and off the Centrestand. Smooth action. Noice.👍

I'd post photos. But that appears to be beyond me.... Centrestand...no issues....pooter stuff...no idea....😳

Offline sparky12353

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Wrexham
Re: SW Motech Centrestand
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 04:54:29 AM
great  cost  a link too and go on get that photo  lol

Offline Novafrk

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 11:03:53 PM
I'll be buying this center stand shortly. Glad to hear is works well.

https://sw-motech.us/bike/BMW/F900XR/2020/4R90+-K84-/products/safety/stands/centerstand/4052572191989.htm

here is the link I have for it. :-)

Offline Astro

• XR Pro
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 07:26:32 AM

I Think I'm conquering my Tech fears...😳

Offline Golden1

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Raleigh
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 03:25:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Astro [+]
Just fitted the SW Motech Centrestand. Simple enough.  Bolt on the RHS bracket. Whip the left rearset off. Dump one bracket and replace with a bracket and a spacer provided. Refit the left rearset. Bolt on the Centrestand and slip the spring on.
Tucks up nicely. Very light to get on and off the Centrestand. Smooth action. Noice.👍

I'd post photos. But that appears to be beyond me.... Centrestand...no issues....pooter stuff...no idea....😳
Just bought this centerstand and in reading the instructions it says to remove the side stand.  YOur explantion makes no mention of the side stand.  Did you have to remove it as well?
Thanks

Offline KL2BE

• XR Newbie
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 08:45:49 PM
Ordered the SW-Motech stand on Saturday (from Boise Idaho) and it was delivered (from Portland, OR) on Wednesday! 😎 The installation instructions look complex, however, I found a YouTube video with a great tutorial. 😘

The stand was $172.USD w/free shipping.  The dealer wanted $443. installed😬. 
Does anyone know if the stands are identical?
Iíll take delivery of my XR in mid April and will report back on ease of installation.
I think I going to like Motech!
Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 08:56:12 PM by KL2BE

Offline Golden1

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Raleigh
Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 01:31:38 PM
Got my center stand installed this weekend with thanks to a friend with a lift and a helping hand. The directions were spot on.

Offline KL2BE

• XR Newbie
Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 10:20:16 PM
The YouTube I posted above does not apply to XR.  Thatís OK, the Motech instructions are fine.  The install was a piece of cake 🍰. 
There are two issues to watch for.
You have to loosen the side stand bolts to add a bracket for the center stand.  Then the bike is unstable and could fall on you.  An easy way to stabilize the bike is to slide a 5/8 inch pipe or rod through the hollow rear axle and use two jack stands to lift and stabilize the rear.  Once the job is finished, both side stand and center stand work well.  The Motech center stand is better balanced than the BMW and is easier to use 😘.  The spring is a challenge to fit on the Center stand.  I fashioned my own tool; took an old wide bladed slot screwdriver and ground a depression in the face of the slot with a dremel so it can be used as a leaver to stretch and attach the spring without slipping off the post that you need to fit the spring end over.
Another testimonial for Motech; I also fitted rear rack, pannier brackets and panniers. Very simple to do and way less expensive than BMW.  😎
PS: It takes a #60 star fitting to loosen the left side swing-arm pivot bolt.  Also requires lots of torque to loosen; donít panic it is NOT a reverse thread.😬
Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:40:09 PM by KL2BE