Author Topic: Throttle remap/controller.  (Read 977 times)

Online Happyman

• XR Pro
Re: Throttle remap/controller.
Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 07:47:13 PM
*Originally Posted by Ethel Vanman [+]
Taken from the riders hand book;

In DYNAMIC PRO riding mode: the engine's throttle response can be parametrised to suit
the rider's individual needs and preferences.
Yep.

Offline Mad Tenor

• XR Pro
Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 06:15:26 PM
*Originally Posted by Happyman [+]
Yep.

Yes; but there is still only one “Dynamic” mode for the throttle. The Dynamic pro menu only gives you the ability to switch between “rain”, “road” and “dynamic” in the same way you can choose your own versions of ABS and DTC....... there is no choice of a different or adjustable version of the  “dynamic” throttle mode itself.........

Online Happyman

• XR Pro
Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 07:12:38 PM
*Originally Posted by Mad Tenor [+]
Yes; but there is still only one “Dynamic” mode for the throttle. The Dynamic pro menu only gives you the ability to switch between “rain”, “road” and “dynamic” in the same way you can choose your own versions of ABS and DTC....... there is no choice of a different or adjustable version of the  “dynamic” throttle mode itself.........

Well, there is on my bike.

Online Ethel Vanman

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Cambridge
Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 07:42:45 PM
And mine.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Offline Mad Tenor

• XR Pro
Re: Throttle remap/controller
Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 09:24:38 PM
*Originally Posted by Happyman [+]
Well, there is on my bike.

Really? I’m surprised! This is what happens on mine(900R 3/20): I can either select dynamic or dynamic-pro via the handlebar switch. On the ‘dynamic’, it gives the optimum throttle response which is sharper than either the ‘road’ or ‘rain’ along with its own fixed setting on the the ABS and DTC. In ‘Dynamic Pro’, the default throttle response is the same as in Dynamic; this is evident when I go into the on-screen menu settings and select ‘Engine’ option on the sub-menu. There it shows the 3 throttle options with ‘dynamic’ as default. The other two are the ‘rain’ and ‘road’ options which in the ‘D-pro’ mode can be manually adjusted (as with the DTC and ABS). Also, while riding, there is no subjective difference between the feel of the throttle in Pro-dynamic compared to Pro.

Maybe I’m not explaining myself well (apologies if that is so...) but my point is that there are only 3 throttle maps; the ‘Pro’ mode merely allows you to customise your combined settings, whereas the other modes are set programmes. (Page 82 in GB 900R manual) Of course I would be delighted if I was wrong and that they have since introduced a Fourth ‘Engine’ option on the Pro sub-menu, a sort of “Dynamic plus” version of the dynamic throttle setting but in my version (as confirmed by the current manual) there are only three engine mappings....... I might just give my dealer a ring just in case.....😉
Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 09:26:50 PM by Mad Tenor

Online Ethel Vanman

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Cambridge
Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 10:07:28 PM
Really? I’m surprised! This is what happens on mine(900R 3/20): I can either select dynamic or dynamic-pro via the handlebar switch. On the ‘dynamic’, it gives the optimum throttle response which is sharper than either the ‘road’ or ‘rain’ along with its own fixed setting on the the ABS and DTC. In ‘Dynamic Pro’, the default throttle response is the same as in Dynamic; this is evident when I go into the on-screen menu settings and select ‘Engine’ option on the sub-menu. There it shows the 3 throttle options with ‘dynamic’ as default. The other two are the ‘rain’ and ‘road’ options which in the ‘D-pro’ mode can be manually adjusted (as with the DTC and ABS). Also, while riding, there is no subjective difference between the feel of the throttle in Pro-dynamic compared to Pro.

Maybe I’m not explaining myself well (apologies if that is so...) but my point is that there are only 3 throttle maps; the ‘Pro’ mode merely allows you to customise your combined settings, whereas the other modes are set programmes. (Page 82 in GB 900R manual) Of course I would be delighted if I was wrong and that they have since introduced a Fourth ‘Engine’ option on the Pro sub-menu, a sort of “Dynamic plus” version of the dynamic throttle setting but in my version (as confirmed by the current manual) there are only three engine mappings....... I might just give my dealer a ring just in case.....😉
High Mad Tenor, you're quite right of course, I think I got confused trying to answer Astro's question. It is adjustable but only within those parameters. Further to the original question I was under the impression that the Dynamic throttle was more linear and proportionate to the throttle position than the other 2 which was the original question. Apologies for confusion.......I'll just get my coat......
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Online Happyman

• XR Pro
Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 10:14:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Ethel Vanman [+]
High Mad Tenor, you're quite right of course, I think I got confused trying to answer Astro's question. It is adjustable but only within those parameters. Further to the original question I was under the impression that the Dynamic throttle was more linear and proportionate to the throttle position than the other 2 which was the original question. Apologies for confusion.......I'll just get my coat......
Agree. I just misunderstood how you were describing the situation. Thanks for clarifying what you were saying.  :821:

Offline Mad Tenor

• XR Pro
Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 10:25:49 PM
Thank you both for you kind answers! Not so easy to explain in writing is it..... Mind you, it would be very interesting if BMW offered some kind of future software upgrade where one could “tweak” the throttle even further....😈 Although even with some degree of DTC, I got some very “interesting” tail slides by whacking the throttle to the wide open position while in ‘Dynamic’.........🤪
Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:52:28 PM by Mad Tenor

Offline Astro

• XR Member
Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 11:19:28 AM
I noticed today while web surfing, a race throttle with three maps for the S1000RR. Let's hope some clever dick comes up with one for the F900.👍

strongminded