Author Topic: Connections  (Read 978 times)

Offline Dangerous du

• XR Newbie
Connections
on: January 21, 2021, 08:58:47 PM
Has anyone experienced lack of connectivity between the helmet and the screen. With Bluetooth enabled, phone shows being connected, turn by turn enabled with no audio. There is not always a picture of the helmet on the screen. I have tried resetting connections. I can plan a route on the Bmw app which is exhibited with turn by turn instruction with no audio.

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Re: Connections
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 10:45:27 PM
What TFT software version? 

Offline Dangerous du

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 10:06:52 AM
The software version showing on the screen is
SW 022_005_041
The bike was registered Sept 2020
F900xr
I hope there is an upgrade!!

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 06:51:05 PM
That is the current version as far as I know.  What phone?  It's a common issue on the Android platform that we have to go in a force a few settings to keep the connection alive.  Location settings need to be always on for the app, and you need to make sure there are no power or data conserving features enabled for the app too.  Basically it needs to be able to run without any interruptions.
Another question, what headset comms are you using?

Offline Dangerous du

• XR Newbie
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 09:35:49 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.
My phone is an Huawei p30 pro
Android version 10
My headset is the interfone avant.
I will check location settings are allowed
I will turn off my power saving app and try it tomorrow
Cheers

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 09:45:29 PM
I don't know anything about the headset, but it plays a big part in this too.  Make sure the headset firmware is up to date and check with the manufacturer for known issues.  I use a Sena and it took them awhile to get a stable build when the TFTs were still new.

Offline Happyman

• XR Pro
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 03:32:46 AM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
I don't know anything about the headset, but it plays a big part in this too.  Make sure the headset firmware is up to date and check with the manufacturer for known issues.  I use a Sena and it took them awhile to get a stable build when the TFTs were still new.
rcb78....are you running the Sena through the TFT (using TFT as a hub) or is the Sena directly to your phone and gps by-passing the TFT?

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 04:33:44 AM
Both...  Sena to phone as phone 1, Sena to bike as phone 2.  Phone to Sena and phone to bike.  This is the only way you will be able to use Google Assistant voice commands thru the Sena headset.

Offline Astro

• XR Member
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 08:08:58 AM
I've given up. I just run my pixel 5 on an induction charger to a Cardo thingo and don't bother with the bike. As you may have guessed by the highly technical language I use, "thingo", I'm highly skilled. Managing to post here is a major proud Dad moment for me, again, just for perspective.👍

Offline Happyman

• XR Pro
Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 12:42:34 PM
*Originally Posted by Astro [+]
I've given up. I just run my pixel 5 on an induction charger to a Cardo thingo and don't bother with the bike. As you may have guessed by the highly technical language I use, "thingo", I'm highly skilled. Managing to post here is a major proud Dad moment for me, again, just for perspective.👍
:028: Roger that!

strongminded