Author Topic: Hex ezCan Gen2  (Read 361 times)

Offline Happyman

• XR Pro
Hex ezCan Gen2
on: January 07, 2021, 09:04:24 PM
I'm installing the Hex ezCan Gen2 on my 900XR to run the Innovv K2 camera. During registration and firmware update of the device it asks me to select my bike from a drop down list. Unfortunately the F900XR is not listed. I've sent a request to their tech support but it may take a day or two to hear back.
In the mean time I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation and has an answer for me. The 900XR is listed on their product page for this device but they obviously haven't updated their registration and firmware update site.
Thanks! 

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Re: Hex ezCan Gen2
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 01:25:29 AM
Same issue here, I did actually get in touch with them though and they said to just register it as an F850GS since that's the closest thing to the F900R/XR.  It doesn't affect how the thing works, it's just data collection.

Offline Happyman

• XR Pro
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 01:32:06 AM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
Same issue here, I did actually get in touch with them though and they said to just register it as an F850GS since that's the closest thing to the F900R/XR.  It doesn't affect how the thing works, it's just data collection.

Awesome  :763:!
Thanks for letting me know.

Offline Happyman

• XR Pro
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 06:02:09 PM
Yep, heard back and they confirmed what you told me. They also said they updated their software and the F900XR/R is now on the list!

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 01:41:26 AM
I'll have to take a look.  I installed an update a few months back, but never bothered to check if the bike had been listed yet.  I was the first one to use both the ezCAN and GS911.  I gave them functional feedback on the ezCAN to test each feature and provided autoscan data dumps from the GS911.  They FINALLY added the F900 platform to the GS911, now if BMW would just get their service manual released all would be well.

Offline Happyman

• XR Pro
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 01:55:54 AM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
I'll have to take a look.  I installed an update a few months back, but never bothered to check if the bike had been listed yet.  I was the first one to use both the ezCAN and GS911.  I gave them functional feedback on the ezCAN to test each feature and provided autoscan data dumps from the GS911.  They FINALLY added the F900 platform to the GS911, now if BMW would just get their service manual released all would be well.
:062:

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 04:08:58 AM
Clarification, first on the F900.  Not even close to being the first person in general.

strongminded