I've received and installed phone holder for the original Navigation BMW cradle - I did not find such a topic, so thought might be useful for someone (my apologies if already covered). I have ordered through Amazon - plenty of variations if you searched, all of them seem to be same shape and designed, perhaps made in the same no name factory. I have chosen the one with most reviews, ca. 35 Eur, additionally I have ordered short braided USB-Lightning cable, as original in the set is a bit longer plus goes through microUSB adapter.
+ Well, it holds my phone (iPhone)... Seems sturdy and grip is strong, but I am not sure how would it keep during stress or crash (I hope not to test it, though)
+ Since it gets the power from navigation cradle, it charges the phone when the ignition is on - no need for additional switches or so
+ From the pictures, somehow I thought that "fixing bracket" at the bottom is plastic, apparently it is metal with rubber.
- It just about fits my iPhone 8 Plus with not so thick case. The "fixing bracket" does not have much more of the move, which makes putting the phone in and out is pretty tricky, and I hope it will not break one day because of that tension.
- Rubber USB socket plugs are relatively loose and easily removable. Not that they will fall off, but I would expect more.
- (not holders fault) apparently, since iOS 14 introduction, iPhone 8 Plus stopped supporting landscape mode for native home screen, lock screen and many apps. I.e. if someone send a message/WhatsApp, you need to rotate your head to read it (it is easier if you stop and turn handlebars, but still a hassle)
- (not holders fault) Related to above, BMW Connected app does not support landscape mode. It may be in Navigation (I have not tried), but not in home screen, settings, etc. Google Maps on the other hand, does support landscape mode.
- (not holder fault) As already mentioned in many other posts, navigation location in F900/XR is really bad - maybe it is also my height/helmet/bad seating position/etc., but you really need to take your eyes and look off the road, if you want to look for something.
So all in all, for 35 Eur, it is OK'eish, but I am still thinking is it worth investing additionally in navigation cradle relocation above LCD screen, as it will still not fix landscape mode problems. Or maybe just buy RAM Mount with wireless charging and somehow connect to navigation power socket.
Some pics attached as well (I hope it will work).