Author Topic: Denali D4 gen 2 aux lights  (Read 795 times)

Offline cyclone86

• XR Newbie
Denali D4 gen 2 aux lights
on: December 23, 2020, 11:39:41 PM
Anyone has installed the denali d4 gen 2 on their XRs?  How seamless is it with cansmart? Where did you install it... pics please.

Online Royinspain

• XR Pro
Re: Denali D4 gen 2 aux lights
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 05:19:27 PM
*Originally Posted by cyclone86 [+]
Anyone has installed the denali d4 gen 2 on their XRs?  How seamless is it with cansmart? Where did you install it... pics please.
I wanted to go with the S4s but they are not homologated and here in Spain they are very strict on that. Will hp for the D4s in the new year probably., mounted on my Wunderlich extreme crashbars.
Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 05:20:27 PM by Royinspain

Offline ajay

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 08:47:26 PM
*Originally Posted by cyclone86 [+]

Late reply, but I just joined.

I have them installed. The cansmart could not be easier or more seamless. You have two options for the front. a pair running off one circuit or a left/right side off of two connections. The advantage of the latter setup is that you can have it turn off the right when left indicator is on and vice versa. The disadvantage is that you can only use two lights and not four. Which doesn't seem to be a downside!!!

I have the factory engine protection and it was very difficult to get the lights to be positioned exactly the same on both sides as the bars are completely different on each side. I used the Denali auxiliary light crash bar mounts. It was just fiddly, but I took my time.

I also removed all of the panels and spent a lot of time making sure the wiring was really clean. This is your choice, but now it is hidden and I never need to see it again.

Overall I am really happy with the products and the final installation.

Online Royinspain

• XR Pro
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 08:50:56 PM
*Originally Posted by ajay [+]
Late reply, but I just joined.

I have them installed. The cansmart could not be easier or more seamless. You have two options for the front. a pair running off one circuit or a left/right side off of two connections. The advantage of the latter setup is that you can have it turn off the right when left indicator is on and vice versa. The disadvantage is that you can only use two lights and not four. Which doesn't seem to be a downside!!!

I have the factory engine protection and it was very difficult to get the lights to be positioned exactly the same on both sides as the bars are completely different on each side. I used the Denali auxiliary light crash bar mounts. It was just fiddly, but I took my time.

I also removed all of the panels and spent a lot of time making sure the wiring was really clean. This is your choice, but now it is hidden and I never need to see it again.

Overall I am really happy with the products and the final installation.
Thanks for the. Any chance of photos?

Offline ajay

• XR Newbie
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 03:13:38 AM
Unfortunately the forum want let me. Maybe my noob status

Offline Michwep

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Namur
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 07:41:50 AM

Offline ajay

• XR Newbie
Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 05:36:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Michwep [+]
I guess I didn't setup the account

I'll take some more pictures. I have a few of the cansmart installed location.

Let me know what you are looking for.
Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 05:48:16 PM by ajay

Online Royinspain

• XR Pro
Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 06:55:05 PM

I'll take some more pictures. I have a few of the cansmart installed location.

Let me know what you are looking for.
Fantastic, that would be great. Denali don't have a photo guide yet for installing cansmart on f900xr. I sent them pics of my underseat and they said they would let me know where to plug it in.

Offline ajay

• XR Newbie
Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 08:31:36 PM
*Originally Posted by Royinspain [+]
Fantastic, that would be great. Denali don't have a photo guide yet for installing cansmart on f900xr. I sent them pics of my underseat and they said they would let me know where to plug it in.

It goes in here. This is under the tool kit.

If you have an alarm, the alarm will occupy this connector. Simply plug the CAN Smart into the open port on the alarm module. These things daisy chain. You want the cansmart to be the last device on the chain.

Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:32:10 PM by ajay

Online Royinspain

• XR Pro
Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 08:38:57 PM
It goes in here. This is under the tool kit.

If you have an alarm, the alarm will occupy this connector. Simply plug the CAN Smart into the open port on the alarm module. These things daisy chain. You want the cansmart to be the last device on the chain.

Yes, I have alarm...

strongminded