Author Topic: Puig Pro Frame Sliders  (Read 847 times)

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Puig Pro Frame Sliders
on: December 13, 2020, 02:25:28 AM
Just got these installed today and I am really happy with how they look, they're subtle and fit the angular look of the body panels.
Hope I never have to test them but the parking lot where I work sometimes gets completely covered in wet leaves during the day and getting out can be 'exciting'
The construction quality is very nice, they tie into both engine mounting bolts on each side with a very robust steel plate.  The pucks are also replaceable and affordable should the need ever arise.

Offline Polo

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Encamp
Re: Puig Pro Frame Sliders
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 07:30:46 PM
 :047:It is perfect. I have ordered the same ones but with the red end instead of gray. When I have them I'll put photos.

Offline adrian.tuhut

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 07:55:37 AM
Great job!

What torque value did you use for the two nuts that hold it to the frame?

Online Milen Dimitr

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Varna
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 11:10:19 AM
I have the standard Puig ones on the F900R. I also tested them 2 days after I put them, by not extending the side stand fully and dropping the bike in front of the garage. I tried to pick it immediately without switching the engine off and didn't notice that the bike had shifted itself into 3-rd (quick shifter is not a good thing in this case). It started creeping forward and scrapping on the ground, the front end went into a car that was parked there. It was a messy thing. The slider did it's job very well. Only a tiny scratch on the bottom of the clutch cover. However the foot peg slider broke off and half of it was left in the peg itself. Also the shift lever got slightly bent and the front mudguard got scratched a bit from the car. It could have been much worse, so I am really happy with the Puig sliders. Removing the threaded piece left in the peg was a real pain, made worse by a tapping tool that also broke off into the threaded piece. I had to de-rivet the rubber, drill and bash out the tapping tool and then the threaded piece itself. The rivets themselves are 3,2X10 mm if someone wonders.

Regarding the bolts I torqued them to 100 N-m, this is a value I found on the GS 850 service manual. The frame, the engine and engine mounting are almost the same, so the value if not 100% the same is at least a safe one.
I am also thinking of painting the front mudguard in blue, and now I have another excuse for it, besides matching the image on the Motorrad app. I wonder how much money they saved by making it this daft matt black that has almost 0 topcoat judging by the scratches  :016:

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 06:52:16 PM
Good to hear how they worked for you.  Can you post a pic of the damage to the clutch cover?

Recent Topics