Author Topic: issue with lights?  (Read 1171 times)

Online HullXR

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Hull
Re: issue with lights?
Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 12:03:16 AM
I will take some pics of my lights. Will try and show the three phases. Mine are both day running lights on. Then when it get dark enough both low beam lights come on. Then if you need it high beam is both lights switched manually. The pics should show this better.

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 02:27:24 AM
Awesome, this has really piqued my interest..... and I'm so jealous you guys get to run with just the DRLs and let the ambient sensor actually do it's job.  I use an exCAN to control my Aux lights and have it programmed to control their intensity based on the ambient sensor, but the bike looks so much better with just the DRLs running.

Online gogs01

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Dundee
Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 10:11:06 AM
*Originally Posted by HullXR [+]
..... Will try and show the three phases. Mine are both day running lights on. Then when it get dark enough both low beam lights come on. Then if you need it high beam is both lights switched manually .....

Looks like we have the same. 

I can also bring the low beams on manually using the handlebar switch, or by bringing on the main beams.  I believe the DRLs change intensity too - full brightness in daylight, reduced intensity at night (when the low beams will be on).

It may be worth mentioning that there are lighting OPTIONS, e.g. :
I have Option 134 (Adaptive Headlight), option 219 (Headlight Pro) and option 202 (Daytime Running Lights), this one a "no cost" option (I believe the DRLs are included with the Headlight Pro).

Looking forward to the photos / video !   :152:

Online HullXR

• XR Pro
Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 01:33:14 PM
Here we go.
Pic 1  - daytime running lights
pic 2  - low beam
pic 3  - high beam

Hope this helps

Online gogs01

• XR Pro
Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 04:48:08 PM
Here we go.
Pic 1  - daytime running lights
pic 2  - low beam
pic 3  - high beam

Hope this helps

I had to have a look at mine.  It was dusk, so #1 is ignition on only,  #2 is engine running.  I tried to take a #3, but I think the brightness defeated the camera (threatened to blind me too !   :008:)

My #1 shows Daytime Running Lights, my #2 shows DRLs with Low Beam, and my #3 would have shown something very similar to the Pic 3 above from HullXR.

I think I also have the lights shown in HullXRs Pic 1, which I would call sidelights or parking lights.

So, UK lights are all symmetrical   :046:   :001:

Online HullXR

• XR Pro
Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 05:46:50 PM
My bike isnít a TE so I donít get the updated halo type running lights sadly. But got to say my pal Moans that they are too bright in his mirror ( not that heís in front much !!!)

Got too say Iíve had a lot of bikes and these are by far the best headlights Iíve had.

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 06:53:27 PM
Oooohhhh, that is really interesting.  I'll take some pics of mine to show what the Headlight Pro option looks like in the US.

Online gogs01

• XR Pro
Reply #17 on: November 20, 2020, 11:21:48 AM
My bike isnít a TE so I donít get the updated halo type running lights sadly. But got to say my pal Moans that they are too bright in his mirror ( not that heís in front much !!!)

Got too say Iíve had a lot of bikes and these are by far the best headlights Iíve had.

I had the "angel eye" DRLs on my R1200RT and I was told they didn't show up well in mirrors. These are certainly brighter.  I've hardly ridden in darkness yet, but I do believe these LED headlights are very good.

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #18 on: November 20, 2020, 05:45:19 PM
Here is a US spec, with my extras.  I never rode at night with just the factory lights, but with my setup riding at night is amazing.
Just DRL works until you start the engine, then low beam, and high beam.  The indicators are Weiser 2-in-1 inserts in stock housings.  The lower Aux lights are Cyclops Aurora w/ the amber ring upgrade.  They are driven by my ezCAN and adjust intensity based on day/night & hi/low beam.  Strobe on horn or 3x tap flash to pass.  Both the white and amber lights are driven discreetly so they have brightness settings independent of each other.

Online HullXR

• XR Pro
Reply #19 on: November 20, 2020, 07:32:21 PM
Thatís a lot of lights rcb.

strongminded