Author Topic: Stolen display  (Read 3582 times)

Offline r1oos

• XR Member
Re: Stolen display
Reply #30 on: November 29, 2020, 02:38:12 PM
Really nice, they look good!
Mike from Cymarc got hold of me last week and showed it to me, they did it really quickly and looks really sturdy. I have put my name down for one with them as soon as they start making them.

My bike is with BMW getting the display replaced and they called me up on Friday to say that the clip which holds the plug into the back of the display was also broken (simple plastic clip) so to replace that plug they would have to replace the wiring loom. Cost for the job went from £1250 to £2550!! Apparently BMW do not sell just the plug which could then be replaced, it has to be the loom. The more I see of this, the worse the design is.
I told them to just put the plug in there somehow and I will sort out some sort of clip when I get it back.

Offline Fat-Shark

• XR Member
Reply #31 on: November 29, 2020, 03:21:59 PM
Looks good,

Can you share the installation instructions? I want to see the level of installation complexity before ordering.

Online 10tenmen

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Bridlington
Reply #32 on: November 29, 2020, 03:38:48 PM
Hi they will be available shortly on the website itís a fairly straightforward from what Iíve seen thanks.

Offline Fat-Shark

• XR Member
Reply #33 on: November 29, 2020, 04:05:12 PM
Thank you, I'll be waiting for this.

Offline f900rider

• XR Member
  • Town / City: New York, USA
Reply #34 on: November 29, 2020, 06:56:07 PM
*Originally Posted by 10tenmen [+]
Will do mate they are very aware of the issue and Iím sure will come up with a fix, have you seen the guy in China 🇨🇳 selling several used screens link below.
Is the cost of £1200 including the fitting and re coding.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bmw-r1250gs-adventure-f750GS-f850GS-adv-clock-INSTRUMENT-CLUSTER-TFT-DISPLAY/164408406433?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Those are most definitely stolen displays. Typical Ebay listing.

Offline Burnie10

• XR Newbie
Reply #35 on: January 21, 2021, 01:09:36 AM

Online 10tenmen

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Bridlington
Reply #36 on: January 21, 2021, 08:19:14 AM
*Originally Posted by Burnie10 [+]
Yes they are supplied by Cymarc, Mark has a F900r in for measuring up for a screen brace 👍

Offline r1oos

• XR Member
Reply #37 on: January 21, 2021, 09:03:46 AM
That certainly looks like the one from Cymarc and Mark over there is a really good guy. I would certainly recommend getting one from them as I did and it is a well made, well fitting device. Very slightly covers the edges of the screen to the indicator lights aren't a complete arrow but really not an issue as you can certainly tell they are on.
I feel happier leaving the bike now with this on and it is good value for money. A little fiddly to fit but that may be because I am one of those people who really don't like removing any panels from the bike in case I break them! Patience and perseverance and I had it fitted in about an hour.

Offline Burnie10

• XR Newbie
Reply #38 on: January 21, 2021, 09:54:31 AM
*Originally Posted by r1oos [+]
That certainly looks like the one from Cymarc and Mark over there is a really good guy. I would certainly recommend getting one from them as I did and it is a well made, well fitting device. Very slightly covers the edges of the screen to the indicator lights aren't a complete arrow but really not an issue as you can certainly tell they are on.
I feel happier leaving the bike now with this on and it is good value for money. A little fiddly to fit but that may be because I am one of those people who really don't like removing any panels from the bike in case I break them! Patience and perseverance and I had it fitted in about an hour.

I'm interested to hear if the fitting bolts are security torx or just normal torx or allen?   

Offline r1oos

• XR Member
Reply #39 on: January 21, 2021, 10:20:06 AM
You get both in the pack. Security screws / bolts and standard phillips. You don't get the driver for the security screws though so you need to already have them or order them separately.

strongminded