Author Topic: New Screen required but what works  (Read 1998 times)

brucedimon and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online HullXR

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Hull
Re: New Screen required but what works
Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 03:58:30 PM
I will have a look and see if there are any others. And will let you know.

Offline Polo

• XR Newbie
Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 08:58:24 PM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
Didn't even have to call, when I visited their website I got a pop up that said they don't currently ship to the US.

the problem is surely that you have not looked at PUIG in the U.S.A.  www.puigusa.com  Here they will give you a good answer.  :152:

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 11:39:19 PM
It's the same deal here, you can't buy from the site, it just directs you to the same list of distributors that are shown on the EU site.

Offline Royinspain

• XR Member
Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 11:21:37 AM
MY tall PUIG screen has just arrived this morning (clear) along with rear mudguard extender... (I live near Barcelona so no problems sourcing it). Will post pics when it's on...

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 06:47:34 PM
Finally got them ordered.  Puig USA wants to charge 25% higher than the Euro site, before tax and shipping, not cool.  I found a French distributor that will ship to the USA, total is still less than Puig USA.  Done and done...
Thanks for the help all.

Online Rinkydink

• XR Pro
Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 01:31:03 AM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
Finally got them ordered.  Puig USA wants to charge 25% higher than the Euro site, before tax and shipping, not cool.  I found a French distributor that will ship to the USA, total is still less than Puig USA.  Done and done...
Thanks for the help all.
I went ahead and ordered from USA. WTH
Watch out for blue haired women in big cars.

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 02:39:22 AM
I asked them to explain the excessive markup and they gave me a song and dance about shipping costs and import taxes.  Import taxes aren't that much and they they aren't shipping them here one at time, they are getting crates of inventory for one flat rate.  Then they said I could order from an EU dealer but it would obviously cost more... uh huh...  The USA distributor is just greedy, and excessively so.  I'd have been happy to pay a little more to avoid all the footwork I had to do, but they went too far.

Offline Royinspain

• XR Member
Reply #27 on: November 21, 2020, 11:59:16 AM
Just fitted my Puig tall screen. 10 minutes. The standoffs don't line up exactly with the screen fixing scews so you have to keep the screen separated a bit to align screws to standoffs and avoid stripping threads. Once the screws are in a good few turns the screen can be pushed agaist the standoffs and the screws fully tightened. I went for the transparent screen on my white XR...maybe light smoke would have been better...? Still looks good though. Will give it a spin later to see if it works, the original was too short for my 1.8m and upright stance.....

Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 12:19:54 PM by Royinspain

strongminded