Author Topic: Hello from Northeast USA  (Read 583 times)

Offline f900rider

• XR Member
Hello from Northeast USA
on: October 14, 2020, 03:26:38 AM
Hello all,

I'm likely the youngest rider on this forum, at 19 years of age  :152:. I've saved up for the F900r for awhile, and I have to say I am certainly in love with it! I had it delivered (actually bought) late August. I was super lucky to call and the salesman told me my exact bike was coming in one weeks time to the dealer. I didn't have to wait for delivery from the factory!  :047:

I ride year round, even in the harsh winters we have here. The only time I do not ride is when there is ice on the roads. Otherwise, I ride on! I come from an R3, it was a fun peppy little bike.

Keep the rubber side down!

Offline Shadey

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Middlesbrough
Re: Hello from Northeast USA
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:51:16 PM
 :400:   greetings young un! Nice to see someone like yourself joining the ranks of bikers, seems like all the bikers out nowadays like me have grey hair  :008: so welcome and keep the biking tradition alive. Enjoy and stay safe  :028:

Offline f900rider

• XR Member
Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 09:00:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Shadey [+]
:400:   greetings young un! Nice to see someone like yourself joining the ranks of bikers, seems like all the bikers out nowadays like me have grey hair  :008: so welcome and keep the biking tradition alive. Enjoy and stay safe  :028:
Thanks!
I believe the reason my generation is shying away from riding is due to the fact that bikes are considered so "taboo" here in the states now. Heck, mention "motorcycle" in a social setting and you'll get a gasp from nearly everyone around you each having a horror story to tell about a bike. I'm not kidding, that's how it is mostly here in the states  :008:. Though, I know its much different in the UK which I like!

I really had to convince my family to allow me to throw my leg over a bike, and I am the first in my far and near family to do so. I could not be happier with that choice I made. I look forward to many smiled-filled miles!

My moto: It's not the bike that's dangerous, its the rider.
My 2 cents :)

Offline LP17

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 05:11:19 AM
Welcome and enjoy.19 years of age and into BMW. Well done :047: :028:

Offline f900rider

• XR Member
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 11:55:29 PM
*Originally Posted by LP17 [+]
Welcome and enjoy.19 years of age and into BMW. Well done :047: :028:
Thanks!

Offline Cyclone7

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Perth, WA
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 03:05:59 AM
Welcome to the group and more importantly the F900 XR.  Enjoy the ride :046: :046:
 :400: