Author Topic: Soft or Hard Panniers Options  (Read 2619 times)

Offline rcb78

• XR Master
Re: Soft or Hard Panniers Options
Reply #20 on: June 09, 2021, 06:58:45 PM
I don't think that has ever been in question, I've personally keyed both styles without issue.  The question was (at least it appeared to be) what's the difference so that they can buy the right part.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that based on the subsequent responses/questions, it would be highly advised that this person go to a dealer and let them do it.

Maybe I'm just not 'getting it', but you know if your bike is keyed or not, buy the parts that fit the description of your bike and don't worry about the parts that don't.  It doesn't matter what the difference is, just buy the parts that are listed as correct.

Offline Golden1

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Raleigh
Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 10:28:13 PM
Totally agree with you

Offline Autodidact

• XR Newbie
Reply #22 on: June 10, 2021, 08:16:01 AM
... you know if your bike is keyed or not, buy the parts that fit the description of your bike ...

True.

But now I know why it's listed as KEYLESS and NON-KEYLESS and that it is intended to fit the key I already have and that it's either way just an ordinary physical lock sylinder.

I was never worried about any programming of it, but now I see I can order either depending of the choice to use the keyfob or the key to the navigation bracket — that I've actually removed.

«Hawkon» 8o)