Author Topic: Added some auxiliary lighting--Weiser and Denali, recommended  (Read 344 times)

Offline DMo

• XR Newbie
Brightened things up with some auxiliary lighting.

The US models come with incandescent turn signals. Upgraded to the Weiser Ultrabrights (single function). Also added the Denali DRLs up front on the fender and the Denali B6 brake light below the license plate.

The Denali units are controlled by a CanSMART device, which lets you really dial things in to your liking. I.e., the brake light runs at 10% output so it doesnít overpower the stock brake light, but then goes bright as hell to 100% intensity when brake is engaged. The DRLs are programmable, too. Iím running mine at 40% output on low beam, and 80% at high beam with a very light modulation. They also automatically turn off when the front turn signal engages to make the blinker more visible to drivers. Really cool and lots more functionality to mess with.

Definitely recommended.

Offline Palmetto900

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Greenville, SC
Re: Added some auxiliary lighting--Weiser and Denali, recommended
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 07:25:57 PM
Looks great!

Where did you tap into power for the daytime running lights?

Offline Palmetto900

• XR Member
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 10:30:55 PM
Sorry didn't realize the lights got power directly from the CAN device... that's pretty slick. Software pretty intuitive for setting things like the rear brake strobe pattern? Did you pick the PN for the F800 or 850GS (don't seen the F900XR listed as an option)?

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 12:10:59 AM
Use the F850 version, I was one of the first people to test this out with HEX to confirm functionality.  The Denali version is just a rebranded HEX ezCAN, even the connectors are the same now.  I'm using mine to run the Weiser 2-in-1 lights front and rear.  White DRL in front when not indicating and the rears are set for brake as the second function.  It's very easy to set everything up and a pretty powerful tool when you take advantage of it's features.

Offline DMo

• XR Newbie
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 12:48:54 AM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
Use the F850 version, I was one of the first people to test this out with HEX to confirm functionality.  The Denali version is just a rebranded HEX ezCAN, even the connectors are the same now.  I'm using mine to run the Weiser 2-in-1 lights front and rear.  White DRL in front when not indicating and the rears are set for brake as the second function.  It's very easy to set everything up and a pretty powerful tool when you take advantage of it's features.

Yup. What he said.

This version here: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-20-plug-n-play-cansmart-controller-bmw-f750gs-f850gs-k1600-s1000xr-2011-2019

Same controller for the 750 GS/850 GS/K1600/S1000XR and--even though it's not listed--our F900 XRs.

Offline Palmetto900

• XR Member
Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 09:13:36 PM
*Originally Posted by DMo [+]
Yup. What he said.

This version here: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-20-plug-n-play-cansmart-controller-bmw-f750gs-f850gs-k1600-s1000xr-2011-2019

Same controller for the 750 GS/850 GS/K1600/S1000XR and--even though it's not listed--our F900 XRs.

Awesome, thanks for the help!!