Author Topic: F900XR - Road camera installation  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Jm_vfr95

• XR Newbie
Re: F900XR - Road camera installation
Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 05:32:25 PM
*Originally Posted by Royinspain [+]
The central silver/grey panel on the fuel tank comes off with 4 screws easily. You can then remove the small piece that holds the two side panels together (at the back of the tank). This allows you to open them up a bit to pass cables without having to take off any other panels.

Hello,

I try to remove the central grey part (with the 4 screw 2 on the front and 2 under the seat) but it didnít move.
Iím threatened of break some part of plastic, is there a specific way to remove the grey part. It seems to be linked with the fuel tank.
Iíve also removed the six screw from the fuel cap but with no success.
Is there any additional information which might help me?

Thanks

Offline Royinspain

• XR Pro
Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 05:47:11 PM
*Originally Posted by Jm_vfr95 [+]
Hello,

I try to remove the central grey part (with the 4 screw 2 on the front and 2 under the seat) but it didnít move.
Iím threatened of break some part of plastic, is there a specific way to remove the grey part. It seems to be linked with the fuel tank.

Thanks

Try this at about 5m25s he shows you how the piece comes off..... (He's got some good videos on his channel of his F900XR)

Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 05:50:47 PM by Royinspain

Offline Happyman

• XR Pro
Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 01:24:50 AM
Hello,

Thanks

The panel is held in place with about 6 clips. You can remove the grey plastic piece with a quick pull on one side or the other. Just be sure you donít flex the piece too much. It will come off without breaking. I just did this the other day.
Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:25:32 AM by Happyman

Offline Jm_vfr95

• XR Newbie
Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 08:34:54 PM
Thanks you very much for the video. I donít know why Iíve not find it before :-( maybe wrong search keyword. Then now Iím ready to pass my cables.

Offline Jm_vfr95

• XR Newbie
Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 09:18:28 PM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
I am fairly certain the 'L' brackets that I used came in the kit, but that there are no good flush mount locations that I could find in locations I was happy with.  The locations I used are actually recessed, so I used standoffs with longer bolts to elevate the mounting surface to a usable placement.  This is what I mean by a standoff.
In each picture you can see the fastener on the other side (right vs left) and should be able to make out how they are recessed.

Hi rc78,

Is it possible to know how you had connected your 3 power wires (yellow, red and black).
I guess black directly on the battery but what about red and yellow?
Maybe with some pictures it could be helpful.

Thank you very much.

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 01:36:28 AM
Black is ground so direct to battery.  Red needs constant power so it's connected to battery '+'.  Yellow is switched power, I used an accessory lead off my ezCAN.  If you aren't using a power distribution unit then the most popular method is to tap the tail light lead.
No need for pics, hopefully you know where the battery is.  As for the trigger wire, there's nothing useful for you to see if you're not running an ezCAN.
For placement of the DVR unit, I removed the tool that and used the space that was left.  I carry my own tools on long distance rides so I'm not concerned about missing the handful of tools provided.
Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 01:37:17 AM by rcb78

Offline Happyman

• XR Pro
Reply #16 on: November 27, 2020, 10:16:29 PM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
Black is ground so direct to battery.  Red needs constant power so it's connected to battery '+'.  Yellow is switched power, I used an accessory lead off my ezCAN.  If you aren't using a power distribution unit then the most popular method is to tap the tail light lead.
No need for pics, hopefully you know where the battery is.  As for the trigger wire, there's nothing useful for you to see if you're not running an ezCAN.
For placement of the DVR unit, I removed the tool that and used the space that was left.  I carry my own tools on long distance rides so I'm not concerned about missing the handful of tools provided.

RCB78, which camera are you using? I'm looking at a couple of them and was wondering what you use and if you are satisfied with what you get for video.
Thanks!

Offline Jm_vfr95

• XR Newbie
Reply #17 on: November 27, 2020, 10:59:47 PM
He use Innov K2 dashcam.
For my side, I bought camera on amazon for 150Ä less than innov, with the same characteristic,
Video are great, it works perfect, it remains just connection on bike power, for instance I use a portable battery connected thru usb.

Offline Royinspain

• XR Pro
Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 11:01:50 PM
He use Innov K2 dashcam.
For my side, I bought camera on amazon for 150Ä less than innov, with the same characteristic,
Video are great, it works perfect, it remains just connection on bike power, for instance I use a portable battery connected thru usb.
Do you have a link to what you bought please?

Offline Jm_vfr95

• XR Newbie
Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 11:22:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Royinspain [+]
Do you have a link to what you bought please?

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B08BX3HDBL/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_.NyWFbVJ0SHJJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1