Author Topic: F900XR - Road camera installation  (Read 211 times)

Offline Fat-Shark

• XR Newbie
F900XR - Road camera installation
on: September 14, 2020, 09:19:59 PM
F900XR groupies  :001: - Did anyone installed a front and back camera on the bike?

I am going to install the Innovv K2 cameras and I was wondering where it will be the most esthetic place to install the front and back cameras.
The goal is the install them with as little as possible impact on the bike appearance.
This is the camera kit:

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Re: F900XR - Road camera installation
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 10:28:19 PM
I have the same camera, I'll post up pics of where mine in mounted later tonight when I get home.  It's pretty well hidden.

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 05:33:37 AM
Alright, pics as promised.  Both are using existing fastener locations as mounting points.  Longer fasteners with standoffs to an 'L' bracket that holds the mount.  Cables are tucked neatly into the body work back to the recording unit back under the seat.

Offline Fat-Shark

• XR Newbie
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 04:58:15 PM
Looks very good!!!

Thank you for sharing.

One question, what do you mean by "Longer fasteners with standoffs to an 'L' bracket"? Did you use additional/other brackets than the ones supplied in the box? (getting my bike this Thursday  :002: , so I can't see the location you used in my own eyes)

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 05:12:23 PM
I am fairly certain the 'L' brackets that I used came in the kit, but that there are no good flush mount locations that I could find in locations I was happy with.  The locations I used are actually recessed, so I used standoffs with longer bolts to elevate the mounting surface to a usable placement.  This is what I mean by a standoff.
In each picture you can see the fastener on the other side (right vs left) and should be able to make out how they are recessed.

Offline Fat-Shark

• XR Newbie
Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 05:27:35 PM
it's clearer now.

I was hoped this could be installed nicely without additional hardware...

Thanks.