Author Topic: Seat Height Reduction  (Read 210 times)

Online gogs01

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Dundee
Seat Height Reduction
on: July 22, 2020, 07:02:47 PM
Has anybody seen / ordered / ridden a F900XR with the lower suspension to give a lower seat height ?
Does it feel 20mm lower ?  Does the suspension still give a comfortable ride ?  Does the side stand work better ?

Offline Emmarc

• XR Newbie
Re: Seat Height Reduction
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:47:41 PM
Hi

Just took delivery yesterday of my F900 XR TE. I have a low suspension and low seat height so now just 775. Feels great albeit that the seat is a little hard. This is more that compensated but the natural padding that I have in the rear end☺️
Loving the bike. Been out twice and feeling confident despite me being an old 57 year old female who is only 5ft 3.
Had a few issue getting the bike but finally has now arrived.
Just ordered a rear hugger so looking forward to that arriving so my big brother can come over and fit it for me

Offline cornersruns

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 07:50:01 PM
When did you order?
Dealer is telling me 2-4 weeks.

Offline Bmerlassy

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Apple Tree Creek
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 08:09:11 PM
*Originally Posted by Emmarc [+]
Hi

Just took delivery yesterday of my F900 XR TE. I have a low suspension and low seat height so now just 775. Feels great albeit that the seat is a little hard. This is more that compensated but the natural padding that I have in the rear end☺️
Loving the bike. Been out twice and feeling confident despite me being an old 57 year old female who is only 5ft 3.
Had a few issue getting the bike but finally has now arrived.
Just ordered a rear hugger so looking forward to that arriving so my big brother can come over and fit it for me
Hi  :002: Is the rear hugger  Bmw or  aftermarket? I have found one on aliexress but am a bit hesitant about the fitting.
As for the lower seat, Im pretty sure planks arent quite so hard   :008:
Cheers
Maz

Offline Emmarc

• XR Newbie
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 08:11:49 PM
Hi

I have ordered one from Pyramid Plastics as looked good.just hoping fits well. Will let you know once its on

Carol

Offline Bmerlassy

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Apple Tree Creek
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 08:43:48 PM
Hi, I just had a look on pyramid plastics website but cannot find anything f900. Are you able to put up a link?
Cheers
Maz  :821:

Offline Emmarc

• XR Newbie
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 10:20:42 PM
Hi Maz

Below link to the hugger extension
https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/products/pyramid-hugger-extension-matte-black-bmw-f900-xr-2020

Also put on crash bars which we sourced From Hornig. I going to order a GPS mount from them to put my SatNav/GPS directly above the TFT

Carol

Offline Emmarc

• XR Newbie
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 10:23:09 PM
Hi again Maz

Below link to everything for F900XR

Carol

Online gogs01

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Dundee
Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 10:59:23 PM
*Originally Posted by Emmarc [+]

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm a good bit taller than you but the comfort seat puts the seat height back to the standard 825mm.
Hopefully the comfort seat will be comfortable .....