Author Topic: Handlebar vibration  (Read 3048 times)

Offline DorusXR

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Kaag
Re: Handlebar vibration
Reply #20 on: September 28, 2020, 10:51:31 PM
Evotech has done the job!!!

After 4.000 km with these silencers Iím surprised that BMW did not realize themselves to put more heavy weights on the bar ends.

Really makes the bike a class better!

Now itís really fun to ride the bike in higher rev zones, without annoying vibrations.
Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 10:55:12 PM by DorusXR

Offline kenb

• XR Newbie
Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 03:21:25 PM
Just Fitted Evotech Bar end weights, I'm pleased with the results, vibration above 5500 revs is now a rumble rather than a buzz, I did see 2 part number on Evotech's site one for XR and one for XR TE, I don't have the TE model but have heated grips and hand guards, I ordered the TE part number, arrived next day and these fitted perfectly, overall a worth while purchase.

Offline Fat-Shark

• XR Member
Reply #22 on: January 23, 2021, 04:58:20 PM
The Evotech weights looks good.

Does anyone know if they will fit with the BMW Brake And Clutch Lever Protector? I don't want to forfeit them....

Offline patgm

• XR Member
Reply #23 on: January 27, 2021, 09:16:30 AM
There's also these risers which explicitly aim to dampen vibrations.

https://roxspeedfx.com/blogs/news/anti-vibration-handlebar-risers-reduce-hand-tingling-absorb-shock-improve-your-comfort

I have an R (not XR) and don't notice any serious vibrations, haven't spent much more than an hour at highway speeds though. I wear full gauntlet gloves, but they aren't particularly thick.  My bars are at the stock geometry with no aftermarket weights added.