Author Topic: XR Seat.  (Read 2157 times)

Offline XRDave

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Beith
Re: XR Seat.
Reply #20 on: September 11, 2020, 08:39:03 PM
My 428 miles averaged 59.9mpg. Bike was solo, roads were wet about half the time and to be honest I don't spend too much time at WOT apart from lots of overtaking on short straights in Scotland. The low fuel warning comes on about 150 miles but then there is an accurate count down to empty. I've ridden down to 2 miles remaining and it didn't flag any other fuel warning. That was at about 205 miles. Most folks will be needing a wee walk by then anyway!
Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 08:40:21 PM by XRDave

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 08:45:33 PM
Imperial gallons?  In the US that would be right around 48/49 mpg which is what I normally see when commuting on the freeway at 70mph.  Not great, but certainly not bad either.

Online HullXR

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Hull
Reply #22 on: September 11, 2020, 09:33:20 PM
Another good seat converter is Tony Archer in Huddersfield. He has done several for me and the XR seat will be getting the same treatment over winter. The last one he did for me had gel pad inserts and custom piping and colours. Only cost 125.00 and the quality was fantastic.

Look him up online.

Offline MICKT

• XR Newbie
Reply #23 on: October 04, 2020, 11:01:48 AM
PICKED UP MY SEAT FROM ROSS HUNTER TODAY, WHAT A DIFFERANCE MY PILLION IS REALLY HAPPY.

Offline Wrighth1

• XR Member
Reply #24 on: October 04, 2020, 06:11:35 PM
Having the seat rebuilt by Ross Hunter has totally changed the bike for me. I did a 150 mile trip last week and had no discomfort and could have gone on. Why BMW skimp on the seats I don’t know - the seat on the GS I had was superb and the RT was sofa’ish - the basic XR seat was a plank. Missenden Flyer has just done a review of the XR1000 and one of his biggest complaints was the seat. I assume it’s the same as th XR900.