Author Topic: Second Issue  (Read 184 times)

Offline Strike_Zero

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Columbia, SC
Second Issue
on: June 30, 2020, 04:05:28 AM
Found a nice oily spot in the garage a few weeks ago after I returned from my 600 mi service. I forwarded pictures of the leaking/weeping area and made another appointment with the dealer. And I reminded them that I'm 150ish miles away. They said they would take care of it. This past weekend, I topped off the oil and headed out to them. After checking it, yep it's weeping and of course, they needed to keep the bike overnight to make sure the gasket sealant cures. Then they remembered I wasn't local. Sigh . . . . :023: They topped off the oil and I came back home. A truck is supposed to arrive on Wednesday to retrieve the bike and have it back to me by Friday after they repair it.

The salesperson that sold me the bike was miffed. She pointed to a row of demos (Triumph/Ducati/BMW dealer) on the lot and said, "If it was up to me, I would give you any demo you wanted and said see ya in two weeks (due to July 4th holiday). You should not be having issues (first issue was a battery with a bad cell . . . that was a fiasco) on a brand new bike. And if you are, we should step up to make sure your don't have a bad experience."

We'll see what happens. I'll report back shortly . . .
-=PJ
=============
Strike Zero Garage

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Re: Second Issue
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 04:50:52 AM
Where is it leaving from?  Picture?

Offline Strike_Zero

• XR Newbie
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 01:28:39 PM
It was leaking at the front of the crankcase at the oil pan.
-=PJ
=============
Strike Zero Garage

Offline Strike_Zero

• XR Newbie
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 02:20:23 PM
Update:

They picked the bike up Wednesday afternoon. They started the work on Thursday. As part of the procedure, 12 single use bolts need to be replaced. They don't have any on the shelf and placed an overnight order to get them. I won't get the bike back until next week.
-=PJ
=============
Strike Zero Garage

strongminded