Author Topic: Cold Start  (Read 222 times)

Offline Mayan

• XR Newbie
  • Town / City: Sevenoaks
Cold Start
on: June 28, 2020, 02:08:35 PM
Re F900r

Anyone experienced similar issues to this guy- Petro Head from USA?

I have experienced both - the salesman told me the quick shifter doesnít work in first and second and is only any good from third onwards. On reflection not really a quick shifter then !

Cold start has happened three times
Mayan🏍

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Re: Cold Start
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 04:39:45 PM
I haven't had any starting issues yet (at 700 miles) and the quick shifter isn't bad once you get used to it.  If you use it while just putting around town then it's going to be a little rough, but using it in scenarios where a quickshifter actually makes sense and it works pretty well.  For downshifting I really like it, with the throttle closed it blips and drops gears really well for me.

Online Ch

• XR Member
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 07:05:21 PM
This guy says that the quick shifter has problem and that he knows that the shifter is for use while you go fast but he didn't drove the motor with more than 6000rpm  :762:

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 07:50:40 PM
That was my thought, when I hold the throttle fully open it shifts up just fine.

Offline birdrocks

• XR Newbie
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 11:04:02 PM
I have found cold start needs a blip of the throttle to 2-2500 Revs for  few seconds before it settles at 1500
Also I have no probs with quikshifter all gears you just have to have revs up to a normal upchange
Iíve done 1800kms and only question is cruise control sometimes does not activate . Waiting on comment from service people
Riding the great ocean road with no tour buses is bliss

Offline LP17

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 08:56:58 AM
Hi.
I found that it helps to open the throttle just a little to start this bike when cold.
With the Quick shifter it helps to select 2nd gear early on which makes the shift nice and smooth,.
From second on shift whenever you like. 
With your Cruise Control I noticed that I was just touching the rear brake paddle which of course stopped me from setting and
maintaining my Cruise Control :187: :151:

Offline rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 02:50:54 PM
I've seen a couple people mention that they are inadvertently touching the rear brake while riding, it's happened to me a few times too.  So it makes sense that this would be an issue for canceling the cruise control without even realizing it.