Author Topic: Dinamic Pro settings  (Read 3323 times)

Buster, Happyman, herrman and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline racautanu

• XR Member
Re: Dinamic Pro settings
Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 12:41:50 AM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
While I'm still getting used to the bike I've got mine set to dynamic throttle, but road for abs and dtc.  I see the abs trip from time to time in the ride reports of the connected app, but I've never actually felt it and I have yet to activate dtc intervention except once when I did it on purpose to get a feel for it.  My thinking is that until I feel it intervene during a 'normal' ride and it bothers me, then an extra safety net can't hurt and I'm obviously not pushing it that hard yet.
I had the same dilema and I think most of the abs interventions are actually clutch slip assist interventions when going down a gear in 2nd or 1st

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #21 on: July 13, 2020, 12:50:22 AM
If you want to lift the front wheel but not the rear then use dynamic pro, set throttle response and DTC all the way to the right and abs all the way to the left, the on screen descriptions explain each function pretty well.

Offline Palmetto900

• XR Member
  • Town / City: Greenville, SC
Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 02:15:37 PM
*Originally Posted by imincontrol [+]
When you say you had it fitted, can you please elaborate?  When you left the dealership with your new bike, did you have 2 modes (road and rain) only or all 4 (Road, Rain, Dynamic and Dynamic Pro)?

When I left the dealer I only had 2 modes (Road and Rain) the other 2 are an option that could either be retrofitted or factory installed.  My dealership decided to retrofit it because no bikes in Canada were shipped with Riding Mode pro. The problem is, they're having a hard time retrofitting - apparently they need 4 codes from BMW Germany and they can't seem to get it to work.  I am looking for someone who was able to add the option after the purchase.

Thank you!

I have the exact same problem here in the US. Purchased a base bike with the expectation of being able to retrofit Ride Modes Pro but no luck yet. I got a transcript of the conversation between my dealer and BMW Germany and apparently the retrofit for ABS Pro (Part of the package required to be loaded along with Ride Modes Pro) is not actually software released yet. I talked to BMW Germany customer service last week and they indicated that the ABS Pro retrofit will be included in the next software release from Germany but could not give me an ETA for when that would be.

Being an engineer myself, it sounds like they found a bug in a software set and have to release a revised version before the base bikes will accept the retrofit flash... COVID is likely not helping expedite software releases  :003: Hoping it comes before the end of the year!!

Offline azidanua

• XR Newbie
Reply #23 on: August 06, 2020, 05:52:24 AM
Hi,

Anyone know what is the Manufacturer Part Number for the coding plug? Can coding plug 12527727856 for S1000 fit to F900XR? Thanks in advance 

Offline Palmetto900

• XR Member
Reply #24 on: February 16, 2021, 07:51:58 PM
When you say you had it fitted, can you please elaborate?  When you left the dealership with your new bike, did you have 2 modes (road and rain) only or all 4 (Road, Rain, Dynamic and Dynamic Pro)?

When I left the dealer I only had 2 modes (Road and Rain) the other 2 are an option that could either be retrofitted or factory installed.  My dealership decided to retrofit it because no bikes in Canada were shipped with Riding Mode pro. The problem is, they're having a hard time retrofitting - apparently they need 4 codes from BMW Germany and they can't seem to get it to work.  I am looking for someone who was able to add the option after the purchase.

Thank you!

@imincontrol did you ever end up getting Ride Modes Pro retrofitted on your base bike? I'm still looking for a solution and hoping someone has figured it out by now!

Offline imincontrol

• XR Newbie
Reply #25 on: February 16, 2021, 08:25:34 PM
YES! It took them a while. They had to include BMW Germany. There is/was a bug with their computer software that adds the feature.
BMW Germany updated their software, they then got online and added the feature. Took about 3 months and a lot frustrating.
You have to harass the dealership.
But now they do it to every 900xr they sell.

Offline Palmetto900

• XR Member
Reply #26 on: February 17, 2021, 06:12:13 PM
YES! It took them a while. They had to include BMW Germany. There is/was a bug with their computer software that adds the feature.
BMW Germany updated their software, they then got online and added the feature. Took about 3 months and a lot frustrating.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Sounds like Iím headed to the dealer this weekend then  :763:

Offline HullXR

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Hull
Reply #27 on: February 17, 2021, 07:40:23 PM

Was this done free of charge. Iíve had rider pro and abs pro fitted and it cost me a small fortune.

Online devill0

• XR Newbie
Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 09:13:00 PM
Hello,
I bought the motorcycle in November 2020 and it has only road and rain as a riding mode. To have the Dynamic & Dynamic pro I have to pay extra;

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #29 on: Today at 05:07:06 AM
I saw this post on Facebook also, are you asking a question?

Yes, you have to pay extra.  It sounds like you bought the base version of the bike without any added features, to get those features now means you have to pay for them.  The only other way to get those features would have been to pay more when you bought the bike to get an upgraded model.

strongminded