Author Topic: Quick shifter issues  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Dresdner

• XR Pro
Re: Quick shifter issues
Reply #30 on: July 06, 2020, 05:53:42 PM
*Originally Posted by rcb78 [+]
I would disagree, a bike is a tool and tools only work as well as the person wielding them.  This is demonstrated in pretty much every field of racing, sports, etc.  It's the rider/driver/pilot, not the machine that gets the win.  I think you are also confusing the word brand with product.  Blasphemy I know, but the 900 platform is not a premium product, it's a mid-level product, albeit a pretty good one.
That seat argument doesn't work either, corbin seats are good because you go there in person and have it custom fit to your body.  A one size fits all factory saddle will never compete with that.  As for other seats that are not custom fit (e.g. Sargent, or even a mail order Corbin w/o a fitting session) there are just as many people that don't like them too, and that goes back to my argument that there are people out there that thing the stock seat is just fine.  You know this isn't the only place people are talking about these bikes right?

It sucks that your first impression was a marketing error, but it seems obvious to me that you've let it sour your look on the bike and things snowballed from there and now nothing is going to change your mind.  Live and learn and hopefully you don't lose too much money with your mistake.  On the bright side, someone on your side of the pond is going to get a great deal thanks to you.

You are confusing me with  Beano, i did not had any marketing error, what i ordered is what i got, and currently i don't intend to sell but i don't full my self it was a great buy.

As for the seat it is very good example, i owned so many bikes in my life and a test rode twice as much, the seat on the F900 should never left the factory, it is the worst seat ever and your are talking with a guy that crossed Germany on a supermoto.
I stopped making excuses for manufactures long time ago, making the engine in China is definitely showing on the F900.

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #31 on: July 06, 2020, 05:57:50 PM
*Originally Posted by Dresdner [+]
You are confusing me with  Beano, i did not had any marketing error, what i ordered is what i got, and currently i don't intend to sell but i don't full my self it was a great buy.

DOH,, you're right.  This thread is going nowhere and I lost track of people talking.

Offline Dresdner

• XR Pro
Reply #32 on: July 06, 2020, 06:55:30 PM
DOH,, you're right.  This thread is going nowhere and I lost track of people talking.

Some threads are just opinion sharing of consumers not all need to go somewhere.

Offline Ch

• XR Member
Reply #33 on: July 06, 2020, 06:59:01 PM
Some threads are just opinion sharing of consumers not all need to go somewhere.

The guy seems to complain a lot... He can pay something more and buy something better. Also there is a test drive available.. so before buy drive it.

You can complain to the official bmw page...

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #34 on: July 07, 2020, 06:02:52 AM
making the engine in China is definitely showing on the F900.

How?  Nothing we've talked about has anything to do with the engine, even the QS complaints are software and not physical.

Offline Dresdner

• XR Pro
Reply #35 on: July 07, 2020, 09:37:38 AM
How?  Nothing we've talked about has anything to do with the engine, even the QS complaints are software and not physical.

Clutch issues (i have new revision clutch that still have issues), several reports of oil leaks, several reports of cold start issues, problems to find neutral from 1st gear.
May not be critical issues but not accptable in 2020, even Ducati mange to overcome those issues in their new bikes.

Offline Ch

• XR Member
Reply #36 on: July 07, 2020, 09:46:51 AM
Clutch issues (i have new revision clutch that still have issues), several reports of oil leaks, several reports of cold start issues, problems to find neutral from 1st gear.
May not be critical issues but not accptable in 2020, even Ducati mange to overcome those issues in their new bikes.

Buy ducati

Offline LP17

• XR Pro
  • Town / City: Melbourne
Reply #37 on: July 07, 2020, 10:11:29 AM
Hi Dresdner.

It's the first time I have seen anything mentioned about Clutch Problems!!! Please tell us more.
My clutch was perfect till about 600 kilometers!! I then found Neutral harder to find. It feels like the Clutch is dragging.
I was told that an Oil Change at 1000 Km will probably fix this minor problem. It hasn't !!
Has anyone else found the same issue??
Cheers Leon

Offline Dresdner

• XR Pro
Reply #38 on: July 07, 2020, 12:04:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Ch [+]
Buy ducati

I did put off KTM because of bad reliability although their 790 is the better bike when comparing but it seems BMW's are not better in the reliability department as well.
looking back although i choose the XR after riding the Tracer 900 so obviously i like it more, i would have probably be better off with Yamaha they seems to have better quality control.
Bottom line i want to ride as much as possible and not bother with dealers and technical issues, i donít care which brand it will be.
I will not sell my bike now but if the trend continue be sure i will, i done it last year with a new MotoGuzzi that was sold after 5 months.

Online rcb78

• XR Pro
Reply #39 on: July 07, 2020, 05:13:57 PM
I addressed the clutch issue in the other thread, but for the sake of this thread, the Austrian Rotax 800s were SO MUCH WORSE.  Oil leaks can certainly go against the builder, so I'll give you that one.  Cold start again has nothing to do with the engine, it's an electrical issue and from what I've read it's present in many of the S1000 models as well which puts it squarely back as a BMW in-house problem.  You can only blame assembly issues w/in the engine itself on the builder, everything else is a design choice or programming issue from BMW themselves especially since the actual bikes are built in Berlin, but considering that Loncin has been building engines for BMW for almost 15 years now, I think we're past the point where we can blame them for issues vs BMW for their QC practices.
All that aside, I'm still really happy with my bike and have enjoyed every mile I've put on it.

strongminded